Actress Ko Hyun-jung was applauded and bestowed with flowers as she finished shooting her last scene in hit TV series "Queen Seon-deok" early on Tuesday.


Some 50 members of the crew of "Seon-deok" threw a wrap-up party where a red carpet was laid out and confetti was thrown to congratulate and thank Ko who had been part of the cast for the past six months, broadcaster MBC said in a press release.

The 39-year-old actress had played Mi-shil, a royal concubine of King Jinji during the Silla Kingdom, in the historical drama which has topped TV charts almost every week to reach ratings of over 40 percent.


Ko, who had become one of the most sought-after actresses since the 1990s, was undoubtedly considered the main force behind her recent drama's success.

AD

"Seon-deok" had originally been set as a 50-episode series but was extended by another 12 due to its popularity. The broadcaster is said to be considering adding several more episodes which would mean the drama may continue on into early next year.


The drama is also set to show in several countries throughout Asia including Japan and Taiwan.


Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>


함께 보면 좋은 기사

새로보기

내 안의 인사이트 깨우기

취향저격 맞춤뉴스

많이 본 뉴스

당신을 위한 추천 콘텐츠

놓칠 수 없는 이슈