Actor On Ju-wan salutes reporters in front of the Defense Media Agency in Seoul, South Korea after being discharged from the military on December 3, 2010. [Lee Ki-bum/Asia Economic Daily]

Actor On Ju-wan salutes reporters in front of the Defense Media Agency in Seoul, South Korea after being discharged from the military on December 3, 2010. [Lee Ki-bum/Asia Economic Daily]

AD
원본보기 아이콘

Actor On Ju-wan said Friday that he feels bad for being discharged from the military amid heightened tension on the Korean Peninsula after North Korea’s shelling of Yeonpyeong island on November 23.


On made the remark today morning after he stepped out from the Ministry of National Defense where he completed South Korea's two-year mandatory military duties.

“It troubles my mind to be discharged from the army when the nation is in disorder from the North's attack on Yeonpyeong,” the 26-year-old actor said.


Just last week, North Korea had fired a barrage of artillery shells on the island located just three kilometers away from the disputed maritime border, killing two soldiers and two civilians and destroying houses, making it the heaviest attack on South Korea since the Korean War ended in 1953.

AD

On, 26, made his debut with an appearance in 2004 film "Flying Boys" and has since starred in other movies including "The Aggressives" (2005), "The City of Violence" (2006)" and "My Mighty Princess" (2008).


He has also played roles on the small screen in SBS' TV series "That Summer Typhoon" and season 1 of MBC's "Chosun Police."


Reporter: Choi June-yong yjchoi01@
Photographer : Lee Ki-bum metro83@
Editor : Heidi Kim heidikim@

<ⓒ투자가를 위한 경제콘텐츠 플랫폼, 아시아경제(www.asiae.co.kr) 무단전재 배포금지>

함께 보면 좋은 기사

새로보기

내 안의 인사이트 깨우기

취향저격 맞춤뉴스

많이 본 뉴스

당신을 위한 추천 콘텐츠

놓칠 수 없는 이슈