Na Kyung-won "MBC 'Straight' Criminal Complaint... Forced Broadcast with Devil's Editing"
"Media Reporting Practices Colluding with Regime Power Brokers... We Will Fight Until the End"
[Asia Economy Reporter Han Seung-gon] Na Kyung-won, a member of the Liberty Korea Party, stated on the 13th that she will "no longer limit the matter to a civil lawsuit but proceed with a criminal complaint" against MBC's investigative program "Straight," which reported allegations related to her son.
In a post on her Facebook on the same day, Na said, "MBC Straight reported absurd falsehoods and distorted content regarding my son through a broadcast on November 18 last year, and we have already filed a civil lawsuit regarding this," adding this statement.
Na claimed, "During last year's broadcast, the production team excluded all necessary interviews and content to confirm the exact facts and forcibly aired the program with a typical devil's editing tailored to a specific direction."
She continued, "Nevertheless, through the second broadcast, they labeled my son's academic poster as 'plagiarism,' questioned his 'author qualifications,' and claimed to 'trace the substance of the suspicion.' A second devil's editing is fully expected," she said.
Na also criticized "Straight" for remaining silent during the "Cho Kuk incident" but obsessively waging a public opinion war only on allegations concerning her child, emphasizing, "I will fight to the end against the media reporting behavior colluding with the regime's power holders armed with unfairness and injustice."
On the same day, "Straight" reported that the international research organization where Na's son Kim was enrolled in high school in the U.S. had set an investigation policy regarding the alleged plagiarism of the academic poster he presented.
The following is the full text of Na's Facebook post
Today (the 13th), MBC Straight announced a broadcast preview titled
MBC Straight had already reported absurd falsehoods and distorted content through the November 18, 2019 broadcast
Nevertheless, through the second broadcast, they labeled the academic poster as 'plagiarism,' questioned 'author qualifications,' and claimed to 'trace the substance of the suspicion.' We have already provided sufficient explanations regarding the poster, and the affiliated high school is clearly indicated on the academic society's website and official materials. Despite this, they persistently raise affiliation issues and continue malicious slanderous reporting. A second devil's editing is fully expected.
Following the preview article, we filed an injunction to prohibit the broadcast, but it is deeply regrettable that the court made a mechanical decision without holding a hearing. However, the dismissal of the injunction does not prove that the broadcast content is factual.
The child was admitted to university through normal procedures based on excellent grades and is diligently and faithfully attending school. Despite enduring various slanders and personal attacks, even having to disclose the child's transcript, we explained the achievements earned through the child's own intense efforts. However, the intention to continuously accuse the child of unfair admission without even looking at the student's actual abilities is suspicious.
So far, MBC Straight has remained almost silent regarding the forgery of certificates, internships not done, and thesis writing not participated in by Cho Kuk's children, which was openly called the "Cho Kuk incident." They have never conducted proper investigative reporting on these matters. On the other hand, regarding the child of the former floor leader of the main opposition party, MBC maliciously applies the Cho Kuk frame and persistently wages a public opinion war on public broadcasting. The public can guess the intention behind MBC's bias. I want to ask if they are not ashamed to call a program made with one eye closed and colored glasses a 'current affairs program' or 'investigative report.'
Hot Picks Today
As Samsung Falters, Chinese DRAM Surges: CXMT Returns to Profit in Just One Year
- "Most Americans Didn't Want This"... Americans Lose 60 Trillion Won to Soaring Fuel Costs
- Man in His 30s Dies After Assaulting Father and Falling from Yongin Apartment
- Samsung Union Member Sparks Controversy With Telegram Post: "Let's Push KOSPI Down to 5,000"
- "Why Make Things Like This?" Foreign Media Highlights Bizarre Phenomenon Spreading in Korea
I cannot help but lament the broadcasting planning and reporting relying on the regime-biased camp logic under the current power, and I will fight to the end against the media reporting behavior colluding with the regime's power holders armed with unfairness and injustice. Furthermore, I declare that I will no longer limit this to a civil lawsuit but proceed with a criminal complaint.
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.