The Kremlin refused to comment on June 9 (local time) on allegations that Russia attacked Ukraine using missiles provided by North Korea.


Dmitry Peskov, the Kremlin spokesperson, responded to a question during a briefing that day regarding the U.S. announcement that Russia used North Korean missiles in its "special military operation" in Ukraine by saying, "We will pass without comment."

Dmitry Peskov, Russian Kremlin Spokesperson <br>[Photo by Yonhap News]

Dmitry Peskov, Russian Kremlin Spokesperson
[Photo by Yonhap News]

View original image

A U.S. government official stated on June 4 that Russia recently received dozens of ballistic missiles from North Korea and used some of them in Ukraine. Ukraine has released debris presumed to be from North Korean missiles.



Spokesperson Peskov said that Ukraine struck Russian civilian facilities with missiles supplied by the West. Regarding Ukraine's airstrike on Belgorod, a Russian border region, on December 30 last year, he said, "It was possible because the Ukrainian regime did not hesitate to attack urban areas with cluster munitions targeting civilians," adding, "Our military will do everything to minimize and completely eliminate the risk."


This content was produced with the assistance of AI translation services.

© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Today’s Briefing