"If I Speak Up, Nam Hyun-hee Will Get Hurt"... Possibility of Accomplice Raised

An interview conducted with Jeon Cheong-jo (27), who was arrested on the 3rd after all his fraud records were exposed following his claim to be the remarriage partner of former national fencing representative Nam Hyun-hee (42), has been released.


[Photo by SBS from the broadcast screen capture of 'Curious Story Y']

[Photo by SBS from the broadcast screen capture of 'Curious Story Y']

View original image

SBS’s ‘Curious Story Y’ revealed an interview conducted on the 3rd with Jeon Cheong-jo at the Sigiel residential-commercial complex located in Songpa-gu.


Fake ID Card Starting with Resident Number 1 Revealed

Jeon Cheong-jo called the production team to the community area of Sigiel where he resides, asking, “Do you have a cigarette? Please lend me one,” and smoked continuously in the smoking room while conducting the interview. This Sigiel unit was leased short-term under the name of a security guard.


He repeatedly emphasized to the production team, “I am a man,” and showed a fake ID card with a resident registration number ending starting with 1.


However, in a previously released interview with another media outlet, he claimed, “I only have one ID card with a resident registration number starting with 2. Nam Hyun-hee’s claim that she saw an ID card starting with 1 is false.”


"If I Speak Out, Nam Hyun-hee Will Become Trash"

Jeon said, “I have to become a bad person for this person (Nam Hyun-hee) to survive,” but also claimed, “Unless she is XX, she must have known I was a woman,” insisting that Nam Hyun-hee knew he was female when they met.


He also revealed that he underwent breast removal surgery at Nam Hyun-hee’s suggestion and showed his chest to the production team, saying, “The wounds haven’t healed yet.”


He said, “If I reveal all my suspicions, Nam Hyun-hee will become trash, or only I will survive. Whether the suspicions about me are true or not, I have to come out so that even Nam Hyun-hee can survive,” repeatedly implying that Nam Hyun-hee was an accomplice.


He added, “I never received anything from Nam Hyun-hee, only gave. Nam Hyun-hee has a younger brother who just plays around even after having a child. So I gave him 5 million won every month as allowance. I also gave living expenses to her mother, 50 million won to Nam Hyun-hee, and it’s true that I bought a car for Nam Hyun-hee?a Bentley in cash. I used all the money only for Nam Hyun-hee.”


Regarding investment funds, Jeon said, “I never said I would invest anywhere. I said I would grow the money through investment.” When asked about the investment funds, he showed discomfort and abruptly left after receiving a phone call, saying, “Someone is at home. I will send them away and come back,” but did not return.


Jeon asked the production team, “When will this be broadcast?” When told “Next Friday,” he asked again, “Is there a way to publish the article immediately?” Upon hearing “No,” he lamented, “So I have to endure this situation until next Friday?”


Victims’ Testimonies Also Revealed

The broadcast also featured testimonies from fraud victims and classmates. Jeon’s ex-boyfriend confessed, “Jeon Cheong-jo demanded 70 million won to take responsibility for missing a horse racing competition due to pregnancy, but I have never seen definite proof of pregnancy such as ultrasound photos.”


The wedding hall where Jeon previously held a lavish wedding also stated that they have not yet received payment.



Investors who invested in Jeon tearfully said, “He pressured us to borrow money as well as use our existing funds,” and “He even took credit cards to shop for luxury goods, claiming he would liquidate assets to increase the investment amount.”


This content was produced with the assistance of AI translation services.

© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Today’s Briefing