Former Official: “First, Agreement Between the Corporation and Labor Union! Will Strongly Respond to Illegal Sit-in Protests”



Gangbuk-gu (Mayor Lee Soon-hee) announced that it delivered the third warning notice on the 24th, ordering the labor union of the district urban management corporation to voluntarily remove the illegal tents on the road in front of the government building by the 31st.


Previously, on the 6th, the district had delivered the second warning notice to the corporation labor union, ordering the voluntary removal of the illegal tents by the 20th and stating that follow-up measures would be taken if not complied with.

Gangbuk-gu Delivers 3rd Warning Notice for Voluntary Removal of Illegal Tents by Industrial Complex Union View original image

A district official said, “Gangbuk-gu’s position toward the corporation labor union, which has been conducting illegal sit-in protests for over four months to forcefully push through a meeting with Mayor Lee Soon-hee, remains the same,” adding, “Negotiations with the corporation chairman, who is the union’s counterpart, must take place first, and if they request a joint discussion afterward, it can be arranged anytime.”


He continued, “If the corporation labor union apologizes for unlawfully occupying the district office and assaulting Mayor Lee and staff, and sincerely engages in negotiations with the corporation, the district will provide maximum support.”


He also emphasized, “As long as the corporation labor union continues illegal sit-in protests without sincere dialogue with the corporation side, the district will continue to respond firmly.”



Discovering and Improving Practical Inconveniences in the Village Together with Dongdaemun Residents and Professional Organization Members

From March to October, Intensive Inspections of Local Safety Risk Factors Even at Night



Dongdaemun-gu (Mayor Lee Pil-hyung) announced that to create a safe and pleasant living environment, it will expand resident-participation patrols with local residents not only during the day but also at night from March to October.


The district began joint patrols with residents starting March 7 in Yongsin-dong, and after a three-year hiatus due to COVID-19, resumed nighttime joint patrols with the autonomous crime prevention squad. A total of 28 environmental patrols are planned through October.

Gangbuk-gu Delivers 3rd Warning Notice for Voluntary Removal of Illegal Tents by Industrial Complex Union View original image

The main inspection targets include ▲parks and green spaces (damage to park facilities and green areas) ▲traffic (illegal parking and traffic signs) ▲roads (speed bumps and road facilities) ▲housing construction (construction site inspections) ▲cleaning (illegal dumping) ▲street maintenance (roadside clutter and illegal advertisements), among others.


After patrolling with residents to identify inconveniences in daily life, the district will notify the relevant departments and agencies to promptly resolve the issues. The results of the measures will be communicated by the Audit Office to the residents and professional organizations who participated in the patrols.



Lee Pil-hyung, Mayor of Dongdaemun-gu, said, “Through these joint patrols with residents, we will identify vulnerable points in each area and quickly improve the inconveniences felt by residents to make Dongdaemun-gu a safe and pleasant place to live.”


This content was produced with the assistance of AI translation services.

© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Today’s Briefing