[On-site Video] Police: "Son Jeong-min Case, Cause of Death Presumed Drowning... Investigating All Possibilities"
Han Won-hoeng, Chief of the Criminal Investigation Division, is briefing on the investigation details. Photo by Asia Economy
View original image[Asia Economy Han Seungmok PD] The police investigating the late Son Jeongmin case held an on-briefing to explain the current investigation status and major controversies.
Han Wonhyoek, Head of the Criminal Division at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency, attended the briefing held at the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency in Jongno-gu, Seoul, at 3 p.m. on the 27th, and said, “First, the National Forensic Service's autopsy result on the late Son Jeongmin indicates drowning as the presumed cause of death. We are focusing on clarifying the circumstances leading to the drowning and confirming his actions before death.”
He continued, “Regarding the late Son Jeongmin’s clothing and socks, after requesting an examination from the National Forensic Service, no unusual findings such as another person's bloodstains were found on the clothing. The elemental composition ratio of the soil attached to the socks and the soil collected from underwater 10 meters from the riverside was reported to be similar within the standard deviation range.”
Regarding the investigation related to friend A, he said, “We are conducting all possible investigations on friend A and their family, including interviews, forensic analysis of mobile phones, laptops, vehicles, black boxes, analysis of CCTV around the residence, and requesting forensic examination of friend A’s clothing.” He added, “We are continuing the search around Hangang Park to find friend A’s mobile phone.”
Finally, he added, “Based on the investigation so far, there is no evidence that the deceased’s death is related to a crime. However, the police are keeping all possibilities open to uncover the substantive truth, so we ask for your trust and continued attention.”
Meanwhile, after the late Son Jeongmin was found dead in the Hangang River on April 30, the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency directly led the investigation and deployed all seven violent crime teams from the Seocho Police Station.
Hot Picks Today
"Samsung and Hynix Were Once for the Underachievers"... Hyundai Motor Employee's Lament
- "Was This Delicious Treat Enjoyed Only by Koreans?"... The K-Dessert Captivating Japan
- "Iran Considers Usage Fees From Surface to Seabed, Eyes $15 Billion Annual Revenue"
- U.S. Treasury Yields Surge Amid Iran War Uncertainty... Warning Signs for AI Tech Stock Rally
- "That? It's Already Stashed" Nightlife Scene Crosses the Line [ChwiYak Nation] ③
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.