Kim Jong-in Labels North Korea Nuclear Aid as a 'Gate'..."Truth Doesn't Change Even If Silenced"
[Asia Economy Reporter Naju-seok] Kim Jong-in, Emergency Committee Chairman of the People Power Party, on the 3rd labeled the suspicion surrounding the North Korea nuclear power plant support plan document as the 'North Korea Nuclear Power Plant Gate' and demanded a fact-finding investigation through a national audit. The People Power Party also decided to form a special committee within the party to begin uncovering the substantive truth.
Chairman Kim said at the People Power Party emergency committee meeting held at the National Assembly on the same day, "So far, the only fact revealed is one report disclosed by the Ministry of Industry," adding, "The disclosed document specifically includes plans not only for constructing a new type of nuclear power plant in Sinpo, South Hamgyong Province, but also for power transmission. While South Korea is discarding nuclear power plants that could be used as materials for nuclear weapons, it has now been revealed that there was a security plan to build new ones for North Korea."
He said, "The Blue House and the ruling party are busy trying to silence the public by confusing the issue, claiming there is not even a trace of nuclear power in the USB, and simply denying everything without basis while threatening legal action, but the truth does not change because of that."
Chairman Kim asserted, "Even just by arranging the events disclosed so far in chronological order, the outline of the entire puzzle is emerging," and added, "The substance of the North Korea Nuclear Power Plant Gate must now be properly revealed." He enumerated a series of events: "The first inter-Korean summit was held on April 27, 2018, and three days later, on April 30, President Moon Jae-in strongly requested at a senior secretaries' meeting to prepare follow-up measures. The controversial North Korea nuclear power plant promotion document was created between May 2 and 15. Kim Jong-un inspected the Sinpo reactor in May and held the second inter-Korean summit on May 26, then emphasized the use of nuclear power in his 2019 New Year's address." He continued, "Can all these events be considered mere coincidence? If it was just an internal review document, there would be no reason for a public official to commit a life-risking criminal act."
He added, "Is it reasonable to believe that a working-level public official created a draft document for a mega-project costing trillions of won in construction costs and with an economic effect of 120 trillion won as a mere practice piece?" and "It seems that what the regime desperately tried to hide at all costs was not simply an issue of nuclear phase-out."
Hot Picks Today
As Samsung Falters, Chinese DRAM Surges: CXMT Returns to Profit in Just One Year
- "Most Americans Didn't Want This"... Americans Lose 60 Trillion Won to Soaring Fuel Costs
- "Striking Will Lead to Regret": Hyundai-Kia Employees Speak Out... Uneasy Stares Toward Samsung Union
- "Over 7,000 Residents Evacuate Urgently" Magnitude 5.2 Earthquake Leaves 2 Dead, 6 Injured... What Happened in China?
- "Why Make Things Like This?" Foreign Media Highlights Bizarre Phenomenon Spreading in Korea
Chairman Kim said, "The ruling party should immediately respond to the People Power Party's demand for a national audit," and stated, "This incident is not a simple corruption or economic issue but a serious matter concerning national security and the lives of the people. The People Power Party will do its utmost to uncover the substantive truth, including activating a special fact-finding committee starting today."
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.