"Hyunja Kim Jong-un" Defector Group Announces Plans to Proceed with Leaflet Distribution to North Korea
Gyeonggi-do's First Administrative Enforcement of 'Ban on Using Equipment for Distributing Leaflets to North Korea'
Defector Group Announces Plan to Proceed with Leaflet Distribution on the 25th
The North Korean defector organization, the Free North Korea Movement Alliance, announced on the 1st that on the 31st of last month, they sent 500,000 leaflets titled "Kim Jong-un Threatens to Launch New Strategic Nuclear Weapons," 50 booklets, 2,000 one-dollar bills, and 1,000 memory cards (SD cards) attached to 20 large balloons from Wolgot-ri and Seongdong-ri in Gimpo City toward North Korea. Photo by Yonhap News Agency and Free North Korea Movement Alliance
View original image[Asia Economy Reporter Heo Midam] As inter-Korean relations deteriorate with the demolition of the inter-Korean liaison office, a defector group has announced plans to distribute 1 million anti-North Korea leaflets criticizing the North Korean regime on the 25th, raising tensions.
On the 17th, Gyeonggi Province issued an administrative order designating the entire areas of five cities and counties bordering North Korea as "danger zones," banning the entry of those distributing anti-North Korea leaflets.
Gyeonggi Province announced that from that day until November 30 of this year, except for military bases, the entire areas of Yeoncheon County, Pocheon City, Paju City, Gimpo City, and Goyang City will be designated as danger zones. This is the first time a danger zone has been set in relation to the distribution of anti-North Korea leaflets.
Within the danger zones, ▲entry of persons involved in distributing anti-North Korea leaflets is controlled ▲preparation, transportation, distribution, and use of related items such as leaflets are prohibited. Violations of the administrative order will be punished with imprisonment of up to one year or a fine of up to 10 million won according to relevant laws.
Despite these measures, the defector group Freedom Korea United is reportedly planning to proceed with the distribution of 1 million anti-North Korea leaflets scheduled for the 25th.
The group plans to use balloons to distribute leaflets criticizing the North Korean regime, and it is known that they have already secured a large amount of hydrogen gas capable of launching 10 large balloons.
The photo shows defectors' organizations, including the Free North Korea Movement Alliance, releasing leaflets toward North Korea near the border area in Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do, on April 2, 2016. [Image source=Yonhap News]
View original imageEarlier, Freedom Korea United also distributed leaflets on the 31st of last month. They attached 500,000 leaflets titled "Kim Jong-un who says he will shoot new strategic nuclear weapons," 50 booklets, 2,000 one-dollar bills, and 1,000 memory cards (SD cards) to 20 large balloons and sent them flying toward North Korea from Wolgot-ri and Seongdong-ri in Gimpo City, Gyeonggi Province.
The leaflets contained content criticizing Kim Jong-un, Chairman of the State Affairs Commission of North Korea, and the North Korean regime, including phrases such as "Kim Jong-un, the hypocrite who threatens shocking actions with new strategic nuclear weapons at the 7th Central Military Commission's 4th meeting!"
The photo shows defectors' organizations, including the Free North Korea Movement Alliance, releasing leaflets toward North Korea near the border area in Paju-si, Gyeonggi-do, on April 2, 2016. [Image source=Yonhap News]
View original imageKim Yo-jong, First Deputy Director of the Central Committee of the Workers' Party of Korea, issued a statement condemning the distribution of these leaflets.
On the 4th, Deputy Director Kim said, "If the South Korean authorities fail to take appropriate measures in response to the malicious noise directed at our compatriots coming from their own neighborhood this time, they should be fully prepared for the complete dismantling of the Kaesong Industrial Complex, which has been uselessly abandoned following the suspension of Mount Kumgang tourism, the closure of the inter-Korean liaison office which is nothing but a nuisance, or the meaningless termination of the inter-Korean military agreement."
Hot Picks Today
"Samsung and Hynix Were Once for the Underachievers"... Hyundai Motor Employee's Lament
- "Sold Everything Fearing Bankruptcy, Then It Soared 3,900 Times: How a Stock Once Feared for Delisting Became an AI Powerhouse"
- "All Major Corporations Could Leave"... Business Community Fears Overseas Factory Relocation Due to Strike Risks
- The Victory of "Carving Up the Seats": Analysis of 504 Unopposed Winners
- "That? It's Already Stashed" Nightlife Scene Crosses the Line [ChwiYak Nation] ③
On the 13th, Deputy Director Kim also threatened, "Soon, you will witness the miserable sight of the useless inter-Korean liaison office collapsing without a trace." Three days after warning of the demolition, on the 16th, North Korea blew up the inter-Korean liaison office located in the Kaesong Industrial Complex.
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.