Gwak Sang-do: "Chu Mi-ae Should Resign and President Moon Must Face Prosecutor's Investigation"
Ministry of Justice Criticized for Refusing to Submit Indictment in Cheongwadae Election Interference Case
[Asia Economy Reporter Heo Midam] On the 5th, Gwak Sang-do, a member of the Liberty Korea Party, criticized the Ministry of Justice's refusal to submit the indictment, saying, "Minister Choo Mi-ae should resign, and President Moon Jae-in should undergo a face-to-face investigation by the prosecution."
On the same day, Gwak posted on his Facebook, stating, "The submission of the Ministry of Justice's indictment to the National Assembly has been done since 2005, when President Moon Jae-in served as the Chief of Staff to the President during the Roh Moo-hyun administration."
He continued, "At that time, the indictment was submitted to the National Assembly after deleting personal information to guarantee the public's right to know, and since then, indictments of former presidents such as Roh Moo-hyun, Lee Myung-bak, and Park Geun-hye have all been submitted."
He pointed out, "This is why there are criticisms that President Moon Jae-in and Choo Mi-ae have overturned the achievements started by the Roh Moo-hyun administration, ultimately betraying Roh Moo-hyun," adding, "However, suddenly, the Blue House says it will not submit the indictment starting from the case of President Moon's friend, Song Cheol-ho, mayor of Ulsan, interfering in the election."
Gwak said, "Not disclosing acts performed by public officials related to their duties on the grounds of personal information means they are not serving public office but merely extending their personal work," and added, "Such information should be immediately disclosed to the public so that the people can know."
Photo by Gwak Sang-do, captured from the Facebook page of Liberty Korea Party member.
View original imageHe then said, "It seems the current administration is heading towards a dead end," emphasizing, "The Minister of Justice, who not only massacred the prosecution personnel on January 8 but also covers up illegal acts and deprives the public of their right to know, should no longer mock the people, should not show any more disgraceful behavior, and should resign immediately."
Gwak concluded his post by saying, "President Moon Jae-in, the leader of the criminal group, should now take off his mask, come before the people, apologize for the election interference case involving Song Cheol-ho and others, and furthermore, undergo a face-to-face investigation by the prosecution to clear the suspicions confidently in front of the people."
On the previous day (the 4th), Minister Choo decided not to submit the full indictment of 13 people, including Song Cheol-ho, mayor of Ulsan, who was indicted on the 29th of last month on charges of interfering in the Ulsan mayoral election, and Baek Won-woo, former presidential secretary for civil affairs, to the National Assembly.
Hot Picks Today
At President Lee's Call to "Give Enough to Shock," Whistleblower Rewards Become a Real Lottery
- If They Fail Next Year, Bonus Drops to 97 Million Won... A Closer Look at Samsung Electronics DS Division’s 600M vs 460M vs 160M Performance Bonuses
- Lived as Family for Over 30 Years... Daughter-in-Law Cast Aside After Husband's Death
- Opening a Bank Account in Korea Is Too Difficult..."Over 150,000 Won in Notarization Fees Just for a Child's Account and Debit Card" [Foreigner K-Finance Status]②
- "Who Is Visiting Japan These Days?" The Once-Crowded Tourist Spots Empty Out... What's Happening?
The Ministry of Justice stated, "Since it is information related to an ongoing trial, submitting the full text may infringe on the criminal defendant's right to a fair trial and the human rights such as privacy and honor of the parties involved."
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.