"They Are Shooting at Us"... Pop Star Rihanna Testifies on Home Shooting Incident
Rihanna and Husband Victims of Shooting at Their Home in March
Discovered Gunfire Damage While Resting, Assessed the Situation
Shooter Had Referenced Rihanna on Social Media Before the Attack
Testimony given by pop star Rihanna regarding the shooting incident that occurred at her home this past March has been released.
According to Yonhap News Agency, on the 13th (local time), The New York Times (NYT) reported obtaining court documents related to the shooting at Rihanna's residence. The documents state that at the time of the incident, which occurred at 1 p.m. on a Sunday, Rihanna and her husband were resting after parking a trailer on the driveway of their home in Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, California. Rihanna reportedly heard the sound of metal clashing about ten times, and when the noise stopped, she opened the vehicle curtains and discovered that the windshield in front of the trailer had been pierced by gunfire.
Rihanna reportedly pushed her husband, rapper ASAP Rocky, who was dozing on the trailer bed, to the floor and said, "They are shooting at us." The couple then ran into the house where their children were and alerted others to the shooting. At the time, the home was occupied by their three children—aged three years, two years, and five months—as well as Rihanna's mother, a nanny, and a housekeeper. Fortunately, no injuries were reported.
Police discovered bullet marks on the trailer, front door, wooden fence, and the exterior wall of the children's room. Additional property damage was also found on six vehicle doors and one pedestrian gate. The shooting also caused damage to a neighboring house.
The shooter was identified as Ivana Lizette Ortiz, a 35-year-old former speech therapist from Orlando, Florida. According to prosecutors, Ortiz drove herself from Florida to Los Angeles on the day of the crime and fired more than 20 rounds from an AR-15 rifle from a white Tesla vehicle. She was apprehended about a block from the scene, and the firearm was recovered from her car. Nathan Hochman, Los Angeles County District Attorney, described the incident as "an extremely dangerous, premeditated attack on an occupied residence."
It was found that prior to the crime, Ortiz had posted several videos mentioning Rihanna on social media. Investigators are reviewing these posts as evidence to help determine her motive. Rihanna told police, "Although I have received stalking and death threats on social media, there was nothing that could link them to this incident."
Hot Picks Today
"Stocks Are Not Taxed, but Annual Crypto Gains Over 2.5 Million Won to Be Taxed Next Year... Investors Push Back"
- "Not Jealous of Winning the Lottery"... Entire Village Stunned as 200 Million Won Jackpot of Wild Ginseng Cluster Discovered at Jirisan
- Bull Market End Signal? Securities Firm Warns: "Sell SK hynix 'At This Moment'"
- "Greater Impact on Women Than Men"... The 'Diet Trap' That Causes Sleepless Nights and Suffering
- "Even With a 90 Million Won Salary and Bonuses, It Doesn’t Feel Like Much"... A Latecomer Rookie Who Beat 70 to 1 Odds [Scientists Are Disappearing] ③
After her arrest, Ortiz claimed, "I'll say just one thing. I did not intend to kill anyone." Prosecutors have charged her with 14 counts, including attempted murder, and she could face life imprisonment if convicted.
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.