EU Chief Says More Time Needed Until July 9 for Good Deal with US
Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission, stated on May 25 (local time) that more time is needed until July 9 to reach a good agreement with the United States.
Von der Leyen announced this on the social networking service X (formerly Twitter), saying that she had a good conversation with President Trump.
Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission. Photo by AFP Yonhap News
View original imageShe emphasized, "The EU is ready to move negotiations forward quickly and decisively."
On May 23, President Trump warned that there had been no progress in negotiations with the EU, and suggested, "I propose imposing a 50% tariff starting immediately on June 1." He also said, "Now it's time to play the game the way I know how." In response, the EU is considering measures to avoid a full-scale trade war with the United States.
Hot Picks Today
"Stocks Are Not Taxed, but Annual Crypto Gains Over 2.5 Million Won to Be Taxed Next Year... Investors Push Back"
- [Breaking] Samsung Labor-Management 'Performance Bonus Negotiations' Fail in Third Mediation... Union Says "General Strike to Proceed as Planned Tomorrow"
- "Not Jealous of Winning the Lottery"... Entire Village Stunned as 200 Million Won Jackpot of Wild Ginseng Cluster Discovered at Jirisan
- Bull Market End Signal? Securities Firm Warns: "Sell SK hynix 'At This Moment'"
- "Even With a 90 Million Won Salary and Bonuses, It Doesn’t Feel Like Much"... A Latecomer Rookie Who Beat 70 to 1 Odds [Scientists Are Disappearing] ③
On the same day, German Finance Minister Lars Klingbeil said in an interview with the local media outlet Bild, "We need serious negotiations, not further provocations," and revealed that he had discussed this issue with U.S. Treasury Secretary Scott Besant at the recent G7 Finance Ministers' Meeting held in Canada.
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.