LH President Lee Han-jun: "Leaving Organizational Innovation to Outsiders Was Disastrous... Will Follow Government's Will on Position"
Lee Han-jun, President of Korea Land and Housing Corporation (LH), recently received the resignations of all executive directors in relation to the rebar omission incident in the flat slab structure complexes, and stated that he will follow the appointing authority's decision regarding his future position.
Lee Han-jun, President of Korea Land and Housing Corporation (LH), held an emergency press conference at the LH Seoul Regional Headquarters on the 11th, discussing his future plans and position. / Photo by Noh Kyung-jo
View original imageOn the morning of the 11th, Lee held an emergency press conference at the LH Seoul Regional Headquarters and said, "As the first step for organizational innovation, I have received the resignations of all executive directors."
He expressed, "For the past nine months, we tried to innovate the organization internally by ourselves, but we judged there were limits," and added, "I feel devastated to have to entrust organizational innovation to an external agency." Previously, LH requested an investigation by the National Police Agency into employees related to the 15 complexes with missing rebar. The Fair Trade Commission and the Board of Audit and Inspection are conducting comprehensive investigations into collusion and the former official cartel, and audits on public interest audit requests, respectively.
Following the collapse accident of the underground parking lot at the public apartment complex in Geomdan New Town, Incheon, at the end of April, LH conducted a full inspection of flat slab structure complexes and announced the results on July 30. The inspection of 91 sites concluded that reinforcement work would be carried out at 15 sites deemed to be deficient. However, on the 9th of this month, just ten days later, it was revealed that some sites had been omitted from the full inspection.
Hot Picks Today
"Rather Than Endure a 1.5 Million KRW Stipend, I'd Rather Earn 500 Million in the U.S." Top Talent from SNU and KAIST Are Leaving [Scientists Are Disappearing] ①
- "Not Jealous of Winning the Lottery"... Entire Village Stunned as 200 Million Won Jackpot of Wild Ginseng Cluster Discovered at Jirisan
- "I'll Stop by Starbucks Tomorrow": People Power Chungbuk Committee and Geoje Mayoral Candidate Face Criticism for Alleged 5·18 Demeaning Remarks
- "To Get Revenge on Ex-Girlfriend" US McDonald's Manager Spits on French Fries
- "How Did an Employee Who Loved Samsung End Up Like This?"... Past Video of Samsung Electronics Union Chairman Resurfaces
President Lee reported that the number of deficient construction sites increased by five and explained that these sites were excluded from internal reports because reinforcement measures had already been completed before the announcement at the end of July. Regarding this, he said, "I wondered whether it was truly appropriate that the engineers themselves judged the matter as minor and excluded it from the report, not realizing how serious this incident is. I thought it was too complacent," and added, "I am beyond devastated and cannot help but feel disappointed."
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.