Kim Dong-yeon "Search and Seizure at Gyeonggi Provincial Government from Feb 22 to Mar 15... Dictatorship in the Name of Rule of Law"
Gyeonggi Province Governor Kim Dong-yeon strongly criticized the prosecution's search and seizure of the Gyeonggi Provincial Government Office, which lasted from the 22nd of last month to the 15th of this month, calling it a "dictatorship in the name of the rule of law."
On the 16th, Governor Kim posted on his social media (SNS), "The prosecutors who had been stationed on the 4th floor of the Gyeonggi Provincial Government Office withdrew yesterday," adding, "But the search and seizure is not over."
He continued, "During the search and seizure period (February 22 to March 15), the prosecution opened 92 PCs and 11 cabinets and took 63,824 documents," and said, "From today, they have only moved the location to the prosecution office but continue to collect materials and summon related staff."
He went on to say, "The unreasonable search and seizure continues endlessly," and pointed out, "They even opened my work PC, which is clearly unrelated."
Furthermore, he added, "The prosecution claims to be proceeding according to legal procedures based on the warrant, but it is far from common sense," and expressed concern, "I worry that this may be a new form of dictatorship under the name of the 'rule of law.'"
Hot Picks Today
"Stocks Are Not Taxed, but Annual Crypto Gains Over 2.5 Million Won to Be Taxed Next Year... Investors Push Back"
- [Breaking] Samsung Labor-Management 'Performance Bonus Negotiations' Fail in Third Mediation... Union Says "General Strike to Proceed as Planned Tomorrow"
- [Breaking] Blue House: "Deeply Regret Central Labor Relations Commission Post-Mediation Breakdown... Urge Labor and Management to Do Their Best Until the End"
- "Don't Throw Away Coffee Grounds" Transformed into 'High-Grade Fuel' in Just 90 Seconds [Reading Science]
- "Even With a 90 Million Won Salary and Bonuses, It Doesn’t Feel Like Much"... A Latecomer Rookie Who Beat 70 to 1 Odds [Scientists Are Disappearing] ③
Earlier, the prosecution had been conducting a search and seizure of the Gyeonggi Provincial Governor's office and the Deputy Governor for Economic Affairs' office since the 22nd of last month, in connection with allegations that former Gyeonggi Peace Deputy Governor Lee Hwa-young requested former Ssangbangwool Group Chairman Kim Sung-tae to pay $5 million of the Gyeonggi smart farm project funds to North Korea.
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.