On the 17th, as the sit-in protest by the delivery workers' union occupying the CJ Logistics headquarters continued, a press conference titled "Condemning the Chaebol CJ Logistics for Violating the Social Agreement to Prevent Overwork Deaths of Delivery Workers! Service Federation Labor Safety and Health Committee Press Conference" was held in front of the CJ Logistics headquarters in Jung-gu, Seoul. Photo by Moon Honam munonam@

On the 17th, as the sit-in protest by the delivery workers' union occupying the CJ Logistics headquarters continued, a press conference titled "Condemning the Chaebol CJ Logistics for Violating the Social Agreement to Prevent Overwork Deaths of Delivery Workers! Service Federation Labor Safety and Health Committee Press Conference" was held in front of the CJ Logistics headquarters in Jung-gu, Seoul. Photo by Moon Honam munonam@

View original image


[Asia Economy Reporter Seongpil Cho] Nam Gu-jun, head of the National Investigation Headquarters of the National Police Agency, announced that an investigation is underway targeting 25 members of the Korean Confederation of Trade Unions (KCTU) National Courier Workers' Union involved in the occupation protest at CJ Logistics.


At a press briefing on the morning of the 21st, Director Nam stated, "We began preliminary investigations on the 10th before formal charges were filed, and on the same day, we received a complaint from the company." He added, "So far, we have identified 25 individuals and are continuing the investigation, including analyzing CCTV footage." Director Nam also noted, "On the 15th, we issued the first summons to eight people, including Jin Kyung-ho, the union chairman." However, he clarified that the schedule for questioning these individuals has not been finalized. "I understand they are scheduled to appear for questioning on the 25th, but I cannot confirm their actual attendance yet," he said.


When asked about the legality of the union's industrial action, Director Nam avoided a direct answer, saying, "It is difficult to comment." He explained, "An administrative lawsuit is ongoing, so it would be inappropriate for the investigative agency to make statements first." Director Nam’s stance aligns with that of Choi Kwan-ho, head of the Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency, who previously said at a press briefing on the 14th, "We understand and judge the CJ Logistics issue as a labor-management matter," adding, "We will strive for an early resolution through mutual dialogue."



Earlier, the Courier Workers' Union CJ Logistics Headquarters began a strike on December 28 last year, demanding proper implementation of a social agreement to prevent death from overwork. Since then, on the morning of the 10th, they staged a surprise occupation of CJ Logistics headquarters and have continued their protest. On the day of the occupation, CJ Logistics filed a police complaint against the union for property damage and other charges.


This content was produced with the assistance of AI translation services.

© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Today’s Briefing