Victim of 'Seosan Sondokki' Says "Only Place to Rely on Is National Petition"... Letter Found in Sister's Belongings Revealed
[Asia Economy Reporter Na Ye-eun] The eldest sister of the late Kim Junho (22), who made an extreme choice just one week after his discharge from the military after being financially threatened by senior and junior soldiers who came to him wielding a hand axe, has revealed a letter her younger sister wrote to their mother.
On the 26th, a post titled "Siblings who went to their mother who passed away from pancreatic cancer" was uploaded on the online community 'Nate Pann.' A, who identified herself as the eldest daughter currently living with her father after losing her mother, younger sister, and younger brother, said, "After our mother was diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer in 2019 and passed away, I lost both my younger brother and younger sister in August 2021."
A revealed, "While sorting through my younger sister's belongings in a state of confusion, I found a letter she wrote to our mother," and shared the letter. In the letter, the younger sister B wrote, "Junho (younger brother) and I will get along without fighting. You worked hard, Mom. I don't want to let you go, and just thinking about you leaving brings tears, but I will live bravely without crying."
She continued, "Today was payday. I immediately ran to the department store and picked out a gift for Mom first. It's strange, but the 7,000 won I spent on sundae gukbap earlier felt like a waste, but I didn't feel any regret spending money on my family. I guess that's what family is," she wrote.
A said, "I cried while reading the letter my younger sister must have written with tears, and now that I have lost her too, tears flow helplessly," and appealed, "Right now, the only thing my father and I can rely on is the 'National Petition.' Please help us. There are only 9 days left until the petition closes, and I am anxious."
Earlier, on August 8, seniors and juniors who served in the same military unit as Kim heard that he had been discharged and went to his home in Seosan, Chungnam Province, threatening him with a hand axe, forcing him to write a promissory note promising to pay 10 million won, then took him around in a car and extorted 350,000 won.
The perpetrators threatened Kim to raise the remaining amount through loans or other means, and Kim made an extreme choice just one week after his discharge. Afterwards, Kim's second eldest sister also rushed around trying to find out why her brother died but suddenly passed away at the age of 26, unable to wake up one morning.
Meanwhile, on the 6th, Kim's father, Mr. C, posted a petition on the Blue House National Petition site titled "Please severely punish the police and shameless perpetrators responsible for the hand axe threat death case and the death of my daughter caused by the absurd initial investigation."
Mr. C began, "As a poor father who lost the youngest son and second daughter among three siblings in August 2021, I write this with tears of blood from the gut-wrenching pain over the tragic deaths of my children."
He continued about the incident, "On August 8, just one week after my youngest son was discharged, from 8 a.m., a third party, a middle school classmate who was neither a senior nor junior, came wielding a 'hand axe' to threaten my son to repay money he never borrowed, forcing him and his seniors and juniors to write promissory notes," adding, "They dragged my son around by his hair wearing only his underwear, struck concrete with the hand axe, and made him kneel on the rooftop floor to write the notes."
Mr. C also expressed anger at the police's inadequate initial investigation. He said, "Although it was clearly not a simple suicide and three people were definitely accomplices, unlike the junior who was arrested by the military police on the day of the incident, the senior was released after only giving a witness statement, not as a suspect," and raised his voice, "The middle school classmate was not even questioned as a witness, and the police did not even register the death case of my son. I was outraged by the police's absurd investigation."
He further revealed, "My daughters took the pants my son wore that morning to the police station, and those pants had footprints, white powder all over, strong marks on the knees, and moisture suspected to be urine in the crotch area," adding, "Since this could be evidence that my son was kicked and abused, we immediately took them to the police station, but the detective dismissed it as mere traces of a suicide attempt in the afternoon and sent us away."
He appealed, "Please help ensure that the police officers who allowed three devils to roam freely without guilt due to their poor initial investigation and the perpetrators receive appropriate punishment," and encouraged support for the Blue House National Petition, saying, "My son passed away without even closing his eyes, my daughter did not even see the perpetrators arrested, and we could not even clarify whether the third party was an accomplice. They left us in grief."
Hot Picks Today
"Rather Than Endure a 1.5 Million KRW Stipend, I'd Rather Earn 500 Million in the U.S." Top Talent from SNU and KAIST Are Leaving [Scientists Are Disappearing] ①
- "Not Jealous of Winning the Lottery"... Entire Village Stunned as 200 Million Won Jackpot of Wild Ginseng Cluster Discovered at Jirisan
- "I'll Stop by Starbucks Tomorrow": People Power Chungbuk Committee and Geoje Mayoral Candidate Face Criticism for Alleged 5·18 Demeaning Remarks
- 2030s Prefer Temples, 5060s Choose Art Museums... Data Reveals Diverging Travel Preferences
- "How Did an Employee Who Loved Samsung End Up Like This?"... Past Video of Samsung Electronics Union Chairman Resurfaces
Meanwhile, as of 6 p.m. on the 27th, the petition had received 154,664 signatures. If a national petition receives more than 200,000 signatures within 30 days, the government is required to provide an official response.
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.