The Anti-Corruption and Civil Rights Commission Announces Results of National Ombudsman Appeals from the 6th to the 12th

On the afternoon of the 13th, a paper with the words 'Disaster Relief Fund Welcome' was posted at a store in Sinjeong Market, Nam-gu, Ulsan Metropolitan City. (Image source=Yonhap News)

On the afternoon of the 13th, a paper with the words 'Disaster Relief Fund Welcome' was posted at a store in Sinjeong Market, Nam-gu, Ulsan Metropolitan City. (Image source=Yonhap News)

View original image


[Sejong=Asia Economy Reporter Moon Chaeseok] It has been revealed that the number of appeals submitted within a week since the government began distributing the Win-Win National Support Fund exceeded 110,000. Adjustments to health insurance premiums and changes in family members accounted for 8 out of 10 cases, making them the most common reasons.


The Anti-Corruption and Civil Rights Commission, which operates the National Petition platform for appeals related to the support fund, announced on the 14th that a total of 110,858 appeals had been received within a week since the government started accepting applications on the 6th. By reason, adjustments to health insurance premiums accounted for 45,637 cases (41.2%), changes in family members due to births and other reasons 39,563 cases (35.7%), and appeals regarding property tax assessment standards 3,483 cases (3.1%), among others.


Disaster Relief Fund Appeals Total 111,000 in One Week... Health Insurance Fees and Family Changes Most Frequent View original image


The Commission stated that if factors meeting the support fund payment criteria, such as birth or income reduction, occur, one can submit an appeal through the National Petition platform. After verifying identity via mobile phone or other means at the 'National Petition Appeal' window, applicants should fill out the application form with personal information such as name and resident registration number, state the reason, attach supporting documents, and select the local government office based on the resident registration location as of June 30 as the processing agency.


The National Petition appeal window will operate until November 12, two weeks beyond the support fund application deadline of October 29. Unlike last week when a day-based system was applied, appeals can be submitted at any time starting this week, and it is also possible to apply at the local community service centers. Chairperson Jeon Hyun-hee of the Anti-Corruption and Civil Rights Commission said, "There is plenty of time left to submit appeals for the support fund, so applicants should prepare supporting documents and apply."



Meanwhile, the financial authorities have stated their intention to accept as many appeals related to the support fund as possible. Deputy Minister of Strategy and Finance Ando Geol visited the support fund distribution site in Sejong Special Self-Governing City yesterday and said, "If there is reasonable grounds during the appeal process, we plan to accept them as much as possible and interpret and review them in a way favorable to the public, actively providing relief." Last year, among the 396,000 appeals submitted during the nationwide emergency support fund distribution, 340,000 were accepted.


This content was produced with the assistance of AI translation services.

© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Today’s Briefing