Expected Years of Rehabilitation Due to Left Brain Injury
"Transferred from ICU to General Ward"

Donation details conducted at the Young Mom cafe. Photo by Internet Cafe 'Young Mom' capture.

Donation details conducted at the Young Mom cafe. Photo by Internet Cafe 'Young Mom' capture.

View original image


[Asia Economy Reporter Kim Bong-ju] A high school student who fell into a coma due to school violence disguised as 'sparring' has regained consciousness.


On the Incheon Yeongjongdo area mom cafe 'Yeongmam,' the father of the victim, A (17), posted on the 1st, saying, "We moved my son to a general ward."


A currently has damage to the left brain, with no response at all in his right eye, arm, and leg. He cannot speak or eat, and due to brain damage, it is known that he will need rehabilitation treatment for several years.


A’s father said, "(My son) seems to be able to communicate to some extent by moving his left hand and arm and expressing yes or no with his fingers, and he smiled when he saw us."


A’s father wrote, "Maybe because we missed the golden time, the recovery is very slow. He seems very confused and bewildered about why he is here, and it breaks my heart."


Mr. A's father posted a national petition asking for help to eliminate school violence, saying, "My son is lying unconscious in the intensive care unit due to school violence." Photo by Cheongwadae National Petition Board capture.

Mr. A's father posted a national petition asking for help to eliminate school violence, saying, "My son is lying unconscious in the intensive care unit due to school violence." Photo by Cheongwadae National Petition Board capture.

View original image


He continued, "The attending doctor said he may slowly recover or may not, but I will stay strong until my son gets out of the hospital bed," and added, "I thank everyone who has worked to eradicate school violence through my son's case."


Earlier, 'Yeongmam' conducted a fundraising campaign to cover A’s medical expenses, and from the 2nd of last month to the 1st of this month, 1,577 people donated, raising 34.63 million won.


Cafe members who participated in the fundraising wrote encouraging messages such as "Son, let's eat!" "Get up and eat," and "Happy New Year, son" in the account transfer details.


When the news that "the son regained consciousness" was delivered, members who participated in the fundraising sent supportive messages through comments such as "Stay strong," "Our son will overcome this well," and "Don't worry too much, we will pray for him to get through this."


In response, A’s father said, "Thanks to the concern of the Yeongmam mothers and fathers, my son seems to have awakened. Every sincere message and comment written with care is truly a great strength."


Meanwhile, two perpetrators, including B, are accused of assaulting A (16), the petitioner’s son, around 3 p.m. on November 28 at a resident community sports facility inside an apartment in Jung-gu, Incheon.


According to the police investigation, they made A wear Taekwondo protective gear on his head and said, "I will teach you boxing," then alternately beat him for about 2 hours and 40 minutes.



They were arrested and indicted on charges of serious injury and trespassing under the Act on the Aggravated Punishment of Specific Crimes.


This content was produced with the assistance of AI translation services.

© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Today’s Briefing