30s Man Accused of Attempted Murder of Ex-Girlfriend, Blames "Human Rights Violation" Due to Personal Information Disclosure
"Don't you feel sorry?" asked the court, "I have no remorse... rather, my human rights were violated"
A man in his 30s, who was indicted for assaulting and attempting to kill his ex-girlfriend, showed no remorse during his first trial and instead claimed that "his human rights were violated due to police negligence."
View original image[Asia Economy Reporter Hana Na] A man in his 30s, who was charged with confining his ex-girlfriend at home for three days and attempting to kill her by assaulting her, showed no remorse during his first trial and instead claimed that "his human rights were violated due to police negligence."
The Jeju District Court held the first trial on the 17th for Mr. A (37), who was detained and indicted on charges including attempted murder.
Mr. A is accused of confining his girlfriend in a house in Jeju City from the 3rd to the 5th, raping her, and assaulting her indiscriminately because she wanted to break up.
During the trial, Mr. A admitted to all charges but showed no remorse toward the victim. When the court asked if he felt remorse, he replied, "I have nothing to say," and when the court asked again, "Does that mean you do not feel remorse?" he consistently answered, "I have nothing to say."
When the court asked, "You reportedly said you regret not killing the victim during the police investigation. Are you not sorry to the victim?" he said, "At this moment, I do not feel sorry."
Mr. A also submitted a petition to the court claiming that "his human rights were violated because the police did not follow proper procedures and his personal information was disclosed."
He said, "I thought it was a public investigation, but it turned out it was originally a private investigation," and "Information was leaked on SNS." He further argued, "It was an illegal and improper arrest process, so I cannot accept it."
Earlier, during the police pursuit of Mr. A who had fled, wanted posters containing his face, name, and other personal information intended for internal use rather than public distribution were spread on internet communities.
It is reported that he requested information disclosure from the police regarding this matter. The next court date is January 14.
Hot Picks Today
"Samsung and Hynix Were Once for the Underachievers"... Hyundai Motor Employee's Lament
- "Sold Everything Fearing Bankruptcy, Then It Soared 3,900 Times: How a Stock Once Feared for Delisting Became an AI Powerhouse"
- "All Major Corporations Could Leave"... Business Community Fears Overseas Factory Relocation Due to Strike Risks
- The Victory of "Carving Up the Seats": Analysis of 504 Unopposed Winners
- "That? It's Already Stashed" Nightlife Scene Crosses the Line [ChwiYak Nation] ③
Meanwhile, it was revealed that Mr. A had previously been detained on charges including rape and injury, was released in March, and committed another crime eight months later.
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.