[Image source=Yonhap News]

[Image source=Yonhap News]

View original image


[Asia Economy Reporter Lee Isul] Actor Bae Sung-woo and his agency have apologized after it was belatedly revealed that he was caught for drunk driving last month.


Bae Sung-woo was booked last month by the Gangnam Police Station in Seoul on charges of violating the Road Traffic Act (drunk driving). At the time, his blood alcohol concentration was reportedly at the license cancellation level.


On the 10th, through his agency, Bae Sung-woo stated, "I sincerely apologize for delivering such unpleasant news to many people," and added, "I deeply feel responsible for my wrongdoing, which leaves no room for excuses or justifications."


Bae Sung-woo said, "I accept all criticism and deeply repent and reflect," and "I also apologize to many people I work with and will make every effort to prevent any harm."


He continued, "I will be cautious and careful in all aspects and remain humble so that such an incident never happens again," and "I bow my head once again to apologize to everyone who has supported me. I am sorry."


Bae Sung-woo is currently playing the lead role of reporter Park Sam-soo in SBS’s Friday-Saturday drama 'Fly, Gaechonyong,' gaining popularity for his righteous performance. Recently, there have been some schedule changes as Kwon Sang-woo underwent a COVID-19 (novel coronavirus infection) test.


An official said, "Although the filming was done in a pre-production format, the final scenes are currently being shot. Discussions regarding Bae Sung-woo’s appearances will be held afterward."


Bae Sung-woo debuted in 1999 with the musical 'Witch Hunt' and gained popularity through films such as 'Veteran,' 'Inside Men,' 'The King,' 'Beasts Clawing at Straws,' and the drama 'Live.' He is currently appearing in the drama 'Fly, Gaechonyong' and has upcoming film releases including 'Boston 1947' and 'Detective K.'


Full statement below



This is Artist Company.

First of all, we sincerely apologize for delivering such an unfortunate news.

Regardless of the reason, both Bae Sung-woo and the agency deeply acknowledge their responsibility without any excuses.

We apologize sincerely for causing concern to many who have supported Bae Sung-woo and for the trouble caused.

We will promptly seek ways to minimize any damage to the many stakeholders involved in the scheduled works.

Once again, we bow our heads deeply in apology.




This is Bae Sung-woo.

I sincerely apologize for delivering such unpleasant news to many people.

I deeply feel responsible for my wrongdoing, which leaves no room for excuses or justifications.

I accept all criticism and deeply repent and reflect.

Furthermore, I apologize to many people I work with and will make every effort to prevent any harm.

I will be cautious and careful in all aspects and remain humble so that such an incident never happens again.

I bow my head once again to apologize to everyone who has supported me.

I am sorry.


This content was produced with the assistance of AI translation services.

© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Today’s Briefing