A Blue House National Petition titled "I am the daughter of a man in his 50s who tragically died due to drunk driving and wrong-way driving in Eulwangri around 1 a.m. on September 9," posted on the 10th. Photo by Blue House National Petition Board capture.

A Blue House National Petition titled "I am the daughter of a man in his 50s who tragically died due to drunk driving and wrong-way driving in Eulwangri around 1 a.m. on September 9," posted on the 10th. Photo by Blue House National Petition Board capture.

View original image


[Asia Economy Reporter Kang Juhee] The daughter of a man in his 50s who was delivering chicken and was killed after being hit by a drunk driver has urged for "fair and strict punishment" for the perpetrator.


The victim's daughter, Ms. A, said in an interview with JTBC Newsroom on the 10th, "The only thing I can do right now is a national petition, so even though I’m not in my right mind, I posted it," expressing her plea.


Earlier, in the early hours of the 9th, on a road in Eulwang-dong, Jung-gu, Incheon, a woman in her 30s, driving her Mercedes-Benz under the influence of alcohol, crossed the center line and collided with a motorcycle ridden by Mr. B, Ms. A’s father, who was coming from the opposite direction. Mr. B was given CPR and transported to a nearby hospital but passed away.


Ms. A described the situation, saying, "I wasn’t there, so I heard it from my mother. My father went out for his last delivery. It was raining. He wore his helmet and left, but when he didn’t come back at the usual time, my mother closed the shop and went out to look for him by car. At that moment, an ambulance passed by. When she drove there, she saw our motorcycle," she said.


She continued, "When I watched the black box footage of the perpetrator’s vehicle, it turned from below and came up, but instead of turning right, it had already entered the wrong-way lane and was driving there. While driving, the motorcycle’s light was seen from afar, and the moment my father’s face was confirmed, everything ended," she explained.


A, the daughter of a man in his 50s who was delivering chicken and was killed after being hit by a drunk driver, left a reply to a customer's complaint about not receiving their chicken order. / Photo by Online Community Capture

A, the daughter of a man in his 50s who was delivering chicken and was killed after being hit by a drunk driver, left a reply to a customer's complaint about not receiving their chicken order. / Photo by Online Community Capture

View original image


Regarding the reply she wrote to a customer who complained about the delayed delivery, she revealed, "I happened to be the first to see that reply. But I thought my parents would be upset by such comments, so I went through the Baemin (Baedal Minjok) manager and replied directly," she confessed.


Ms. A left a comment responding to a customer who complained via the delivery app that they did not receive their chicken delivery due to Mr. B’s accident, saying, "Dear OO, first of all, I sincerely apologize. I am the daughter of the owner. My father was delivering chicken when he was tragically involved in a traffic accident. I understand you must be upset that the chicken didn’t arrive, and I would appreciate your understanding," evoking sympathy.


Finally, Ms. A said, "My father is so pitiful. I want fair and strict punishment."



Meanwhile, the Blue House national petition titled "I am the daughter of a man in his 50s who was tragically killed by a drunk driver driving the wrong way in Eulwang-ri around 1 a.m. on September 9" posted by Ms. A on the 10th had garnered 250,067 signatures as of 7:34 a.m. on the 11th.


This content was produced with the assistance of AI translation services.

© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Today’s Briefing