[Image source=EPA Yonhap News]

[Image source=EPA Yonhap News]

View original image


[Asia Economy Reporter Kwon Jae-hee] Claims have emerged that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, Prince Harry and Meghan, planned their royal exit even before their marriage.


On the 11th (local time), the British tabloid The Sun reported that this content is included in the upcoming biography of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex titled "Finding Freedom," set to be published in August.


The Sun, citing sources, stated, "The book shows the process leading to the couple's independence from the royal family," adding, "It will demonstrate that this was not a hasty decision but one made over a long period."


The source further said, "Megxit (the term for the Sussexes' royal withdrawal led by Meghan) was planted even before their marriage," explaining, "This was because Prince Harry had been very unhappy for a long time."


This suggests that contrary to the public perception that Meghan orchestrated their departure from the royal family, it was Prince Harry himself who desired independence from the monarchy.


Additionally, the source said, "Prince Harry was angered by the term 'Megxit,'" and added, "In reality, Prince Harry made the decision and will clearly explain why this happened."



Meanwhile, this book, scheduled for release on August 11, was written with the participation of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who recently left the British royal family and settled in Los Angeles (LA), USA, by responding to interviews with the authors. The writers are Omid Scobie, a show business journalist, and Carolyn Durand, a royal correspondent.


This content was produced with the assistance of AI translation services.

© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Today’s Briefing