container
Dim

"Release Martial Law Set"... What Happened at Lotteria Store Accused of 'Conspiracy to Rebel'?

It was revealed that information commanders held a martial law-related drill at a Lotteria store located in Ansan, Gyeonggi Province. Lotteria website, map application
It was revealed that information commanders held a martial law-related drill at a Lotteria store located in Ansan, Gyeonggi Province. Lotteria website, map application

As it has become known that former and current commanders of the Defense Security Command met at a Lotteeria hamburger franchise location to allegedly discuss martial law, netizens have shown great interest in the store.


According to a map application on the 18th, more than 100 reviews related to martial law have been posted for the Lotteeria branch near Sangnoksu Station in Ansan, Gyeonggi Province. This location had not received any new reviews since last August, but drew attention after it was revealed that Defense Security Command commanders met there to discuss martial law. Netizens left comments such as "Please release a Hot Spicy Martial Law Edition," "I will visit if the prosecution is dismantled," "The beginning of insurrection, the main branch of insurrection is here," "The start of martial law," and "Release a martial law set immediately." Some users gave the store a one-star rating, engaging in so-called "rating terrorism."

(Left) Major General Moon Sangho, Commander of the Republic of Korea Army Intelligence Command, is responding to questions about the dispatch of personnel from the Election Commission at the National Assembly National Defense Committee plenary session on the morning of the 10th. Former Intelligence Command Commander Noh Sangwon. Photo by Yonhap News

Previously, Kim Byungjoo, Supreme Council member of the Democratic Party, appeared on SBS Radio's "Kim Taehyun's Political Show" on the 17th and said, "There are many reports that Noh Sangwon, the former commander, played a key role in the martial law plan," adding, "On December 1, the four members of the Defense Security Command met and seemed to have said, 'There will be martial law, so let's prepare.' December 1 is two days before martial law was to be declared, and it seems that four people, including the commander and colonels, met near Sangnoksu Station and gave out assignments," raising suspicions.

A military helicopter is landing near the back gate of the National Assembly. Photo by Asia Economy

A military helicopter is landing near the back gate of the National Assembly. Photo by Asia Economy

원본보기 아이콘

Later, on the same day, the Special Investigation Unit for Martial Law of the National Investigation Headquarters of the National Police Agency announced to the media, "It has been confirmed that former commander Noh Sangwon held prior discussions related to martial law with former Defense Minister Kim Yonghyun and other Defense Security Command officials." Police believe that on the 1st, former commander Noh met with Commander Moon Sangho and two colonels from the Defense Security Command to discuss martial law in advance, and visited the store to secure CCTV footage. Reportedly, at that time, former commander Noh was caught instructing, "Martial law will be declared soon, so prepare," or ordering them to secure the National Election Commission (NEC) server in relation to alleged election fraud.

On the 5th, the National Assembly Secretariat released closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage showing the operational situation of the martial law troops who entered the National Assembly building after the martial law declaration on the night of the 3rd. Photo by Yonhap News
Armed martial law troops are attempting to enter the National Assembly building in Yeouido, Seoul, in the early morning of the 4th, as President Yoon Sukyeol has declared martial law. Photo by Yonhap News
In the early morning of the 4th, when the National Assembly passed a resolution demanding the lifting of martial law, citizens confronted the police controlling access to the National Assembly in front of the building. Photo by Yonhap News

Meanwhile, former commander Noh served as the head of the Defense Security Command during the Park Geunhye administration and is suspected of being the behind-the-scenes planner of the current martial law plan, assisting his senior from the Korea Military Academy, former Defense Minister Kim Yonghyun, in drafting the proclamation. Though currently a civilian, he was urgently arrested on the 15th and is being held at the Seoul Western Police Station detention center. Commander Moon is under suspicion for ordering troops to be deployed to the NEC following President Yoon's declaration of martial law, as well as allegedly deploying the North Korean operations unit (HID) under the Defense Security Command to urgently arrest members of the National Assembly.

top버튼