"I Know Her, We Took Photos Together... Chilling": 'Motel Serial Killer' Soyoung Kim's Life Four-Cut Photos Spread
Photo of Woman Believed to Be Soyoung Kim Spreads on Social Media
A man has come forward claiming to have met Soyoung Kim (20), who is suspected of committing a series of murders at motels in the Gangbuk district of Seoul, through a secondhand trading platform in the past.
On March 18, multiple social networking service (SNS) posts titled "Motel Murderer Soyoung Kim's Life Four-Cut Photo" have been spreading. The posts include a photo of a woman presumed to be Kim and a man, referred to as Mr. A, together, as well as a screenshot of a KakaoTalk conversation. The woman is wearing black clothing and posing for the camera. "Life Four-Cut" refers to a chain of instant photo booths.
A man claiming to have met with Soyoung Kim has appeared. Social networking service (SNS)
View original imageAccording to the conversation, Mr. A mentioned news articles about Kim to an acquaintance, saying, "I know her." He added, "We previously completed a transaction on Danggeun Market, and I got her number. We even took Life Four-Cut photos together. It's chilling." He also said, "During our first meeting, she said she had no money, so I paid for everything."
However, the authenticity of the photos has not been confirmed.
Kim is accused of handing drinks containing benzodiazepine-based drugs to three men in their twenties between December 14 of last year and February 9 of this year, resulting in the deaths of two and causing the third to lose consciousness.
In a police investigation, Kim admitted, "It is true that I put prescribed psychiatric medication in hangover drinks and carried them around before giving them to men," but stated that she did not expect any of the victims to die. However, the police determined that she acted with intent to kill and, on February 19, charged Kim with murder rather than involuntary manslaughter and referred her case to the prosecution with a detention warrant.
Hot Picks Today
"Rather Than Endure a 1.5 Million KRW Stipend, I'd Rather Earn 500 Million in the U.S." Top Talent from SNU and KAIST Are Leaving [Scientists Are Disappearing] ①
- "Most Americans Didn't Want This"... Americans Lose 60 Trillion Won to Soaring Fuel Costs
- Trump Puts Iran Strike on Hold One Day Before Attack... "Full-Scale Offensive If Talks Fail"
- At 24°C It's Iced Coffee, at 31°C Tube Ice Cream... "It's Only May" But Convenience Stores Already Know: The 'Summer Boom' Thermometer
- "Why Make Things Like This?" Foreign Media Highlights Bizarre Phenomenon Spreading in Korea
It has been found that Kim had contact with multiple men before and after the crimes. Soyoung Kim reportedly messaged her first victim, saying she wanted to eat pork jowl and pork belly. She also posted nearly 100 listings for men's clothing and other items on a secondhand trading app and made several posts on a message board seeking local friends.
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.