Russian Foreign Minister: "Reports of Imminent Ukraine Invasion Are Information Terrorism"
[Asia Economy Reporter Cho Hyun-ui] The Russian Foreign Minister stated that the military exercises conducted on Russian territory will start and end as planned.
Sergey Lavrov, Russian Foreign Minister, made this remark during a joint press conference after talks with Zbigniew Rau, Polish Foreign Minister, who visited Moscow on the 15th (local time), in response to some units participating in the exercises beginning to withdraw.
Minister Lavrov said, "The joint exercises between Russia and Belarus are proceeding according to schedule, regardless of anyone showing hysteria about this issue."
He raised his voice against Western reports that Russia would soon invade Ukraine, calling them 'information terrorism.'
The Russian Ministry of Defense announced that the units of the Southern Military District and Western Military District, which had been deployed near the Ukrainian border for the exercises, have finished the training and have begun returning to their garrison bases.
Hot Picks Today
"Rather Than Endure a 1.5 Million KRW Stipend, I'd Rather Earn 500 Million in the U.S." Top Talent from SNU and KAIST Are Leaving [Scientists Are Disappearing] ①
- "If That's the Case, Why Not Just Buy Stocks?" ETFs in Name Only, Now 'Semiconductor-Heavy' and a Playground for Short-Term Traders
- "I Take Full Responsibility"... Chung Yongjin Issues Direct Apology for Starbucks 'May 18 Controversy' (Update)
- "Most Americans Didn't Want This"... Americans Lose 60 Trillion Won to Soaring Fuel Costs
- "No Cure Available, Spread Accelerates... Already 105 Dead, American Infected"
Minister Lavrov said, "Russia will continue to engage in dialogue with the West on security issues," adding, "Separately, we are also willing to discuss intermediate-range nuclear missiles."
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.