청 Kim O-su Prosecutor General Appointment Forced... Opposition: "Difficult to Avoid People's Judgment"
"33rd Minister Without Opposition Consent, From Partial Criminal Investigation Reform to Complete Criminal Investigation Abolition"
Kim Oh-soo, the nominee for Prosecutor General, is attending the confirmation hearing held at the National Assembly on the 26th, responding to questions from lawmakers. Photo by Yoon Dong-joo doso7@
View original image[Asia Economy Reporter Park Jun-yi] Ahead of the appointment ceremony for the new Prosecutor General Kim Oh-soo, the opposition party sharpened its criticism toward President Moon Jae-in.
Kim Ki-hyun, acting leader of the People Power Party and floor leader, stated at the floor strategy meeting on the 1st, "This is the 33rd minister without opposition consent," and criticized, "President Moon emphasized cooperation at the meeting with the leaders of the five parties, but it was just words; the arrogance and self-righteousness have not changed."
Earlier, the Democratic Party of Korea adopted the personnel hearing report for the new Prosecutor General Kim on the 31st of last month despite opposition from the opposition parties, and President Moon approved the appointment around 5 p.m. on the same day. Following this, President Moon is scheduled to present the appointment letter to the new Prosecutor General Kim in the afternoon.
Acting leader Kim said, "Our awakened citizens judged the arrogance, self-righteousness, and double standards of the Moon Jae-in administration in the April 7 by-elections," adding, "President Moon said he would seriously accept the people's reprimand, but it is puzzling what exactly he has accepted."
He continued, "If the disregard for the people and bypassing the opposition party continue, it will be difficult to avoid a harsher judgment from the people than the by-elections," and warned, "I earnestly advise you to understand the fear of the people."
Additionally, Acting leader Kim mentioned the resignations of three current high-ranking prosecutors?Cho Sang-chul, head of the Seoul High Prosecutors' Office; Oh In-seo, head of the Suwon High Prosecutors' Office; and Bae Seong-beom, director of the Judicial Research and Training Institute?accusing the Moon administration of carrying out a 'prosecutorial massacre.'
He emphasized, "It is moving beyond 'complete eradication of prosecution investigation' (Geomsu Wanbak) to 'complete slaughter of prosecution investigation' (Geomsu Wansal)," and stated, "The Moon Jae-in administration is now conducting a complete massacre of prosecutorial investigations beyond Geomsu Wanbak."
Acting leader Kim said, "It is clearly an unconstitutional and illegal organizational restructuring plan that has faced opposition within the prosecution and backlash from the entire legal community," adding, "Despite this, the Moon administration is so anxious that it is openly acting to remove all high prosecutors who are like thorns in their side."
Hot Picks Today
"Rather Than Endure a 1.5 Million KRW Stipend, I'd Rather Earn 500 Million in the U.S." Top Talent from SNU and KAIST Are Leaving [Scientists Are Disappearing] ①
- No Cure in Sight... '105 Deaths' Spark Fears as American Also Infected
- "It's Only May, but Convenience Stores Know... Iced Americano at 24°C, Tube Ice Cream at 31°C: The Thermometer of the Summer Sales Boom"
- "Most Americans Didn't Want This"... Americans Lose 60 Trillion Won to Soaring Fuel Costs
- [Breaking] Chung Yongjin Apologizes for Starbucks 'Tank Day' Controversy: "I Take Full Responsibility"
He further criticized, "Moreover, they forcibly appointed even the Prosecutor General as someone who can be called at the whim of those in power like a marble in a pocket," and said, "It is easy to imagine how large and heavy the crimes are that the current powers need to cover up and bury."
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.