Seongbuk-gu Begins COVID-19 Vaccinations for Residents Aged 65 and Older Starting Today
Starting from the 23rd, first vaccinations begin for those aged 65 and over... Large-scale vaccinations for those aged 65 and over within the same institutions that vaccinated under 65s
[Asia Economy Reporter Park Jong-il] Seongbuk-gu (Mayor Lee Seung-ro) will begin the first dose of COVID-19 vaccination for 1,773 elderly people aged 65 and over in high-risk medical institutions and nursing hospitals/facilities within the district starting from the 23rd.
The vaccination will be carried out using the AstraZeneca vaccine, with both on-site vaccinations within the institutions and visits to the public health center being conducted simultaneously.
The Seongbuk-gu Public Health Center announced that vaccinations for these individuals will continue until April 28.
The number of nursing facilities has increased from the existing 16 to 17, and vaccinations will be conducted through visits by the public health center and contracted doctors.
Nursing hospitals, previously 7 in number, will conduct on-site vaccinations from the 23rd until April 6.
Meanwhile, since the first vaccination began on February 26, approximately 4,400 people including inpatients and residents under 65 years old and workers in elderly group facilities such as nursing hospitals and facilities within the district, healthcare workers in general hospitals, and first responders to COVID-19 have completed their vaccinations in February and March, achieving a vaccination rate close to 80% of the target population, and vaccinations are currently proceeding smoothly.
From April, vaccinations for residents aged 75 and over will also become visible. A separate vaccination center will be set up within the Seongbuk-gu Office, where residents aged 75 and over will receive the Pfizer vaccine starting from the first week of April.
Additionally, the Seongbuk-gu Public Health Center is currently conducting on-site inspections of private commissioned medical institutions (clinics) that will administer vaccinations for those aged 65 and over starting in May. Contracts are about to be signed with institutions that have completed inspections. So far, 100 institutions have applied for contracts, and 140 have expressed prior intention to participate, with the number of participating institutions expected to increase further, according to a district official.
Lee Seung-ro, Mayor of Seongbuk-gu, stated, “We are making every effort to promote stable vaccine administration,” adding, “We are systematizing the vaccination progress and prioritizing safety above all.”
Hot Picks Today
"Rather Than Endure a 1.5 Million KRW Stipend, I'd Rather Earn 500 Million in the U.S." Top Talent from SNU and KAIST Are Leaving [Scientists Are Disappearing] ①
- "No Cure Available, Spread Accelerates... Already 105 Dead, American Infected"
- Foreign Investors Sell 6 Trillion Won Net... KOSPI Closes Below 7,200
- Instead of a National Assembly Profile, Now a 'Carpenter'... Ryu Hojung Says "I Couldn't Do a Body Profile Shoot Twice"
- "How Did an Employee Who Loved Samsung End Up Like This?"... Past Video of Samsung Electronics Union Chairman Resurfaces
He also said, “We will open a vaccination center within the district office in April to start vaccinations for the elderly aged 75 and over,” and emphasized, “We will do our best to protect high-risk residents with severe risk and take proactive quarantine measures. We ask for the cooperation and interest of all residents regarding the vaccination.”
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.