Photo by Korea International Trade Association

Photo by Korea International Trade Association

View original image

[Asia Economy Reporter Kim Heung-soon] The Korea International Trade Association (KITA) announced on the 3rd that it held the 4th China International Import Expo (CIIE) online briefing session in collaboration with the China International Import Expo Bureau and the Embassy of China in Korea.


The China International Import Expo, held the previous day, is a key project of the Xi Jinping administration promoting the Belt and Road Initiative and external openness, and this year it is scheduled to take place from November 5 to 10 in Shanghai, China.


The briefing session was attended online by Jo Hak-hee, Head of the International Business Division at KITA, the designated overall organizer of the Korea Pavilion by the China International Import Expo Bureau, Sun Chenghai, Deputy Director of the China International Import Expo Bureau, and Xing Haiming, Ambassador of China to Korea.


Deputy Director Sun Chenghai said, "Despite controlling daily entries to about 70,000 due to COVID-19 prevention measures last year, 400,000 buyers visited during the expo period," adding, "This year, we will establish a perfect quarantine plan to successfully hold the import expo and develop the Chinese market into a market shared by the world."


Deputy Director of the Exhibition Department, Zhu Tianyuan, stated, "According to government policy, China will continue to expand imports of consumer goods and agricultural and aquatic products," adding, "Since these items are major export products of Korean companies to China, we hope many Korean companies will participate again this year."


At this expo, the Consumer Goods Pavilion and the Agricultural Products Pavilion, which handle consumer goods, each use three exhibition halls, occupying the largest exhibition area at the expo. In particular, the sports goods specialized zone within the Consumer Goods Pavilion is expected to be expanded compared to previous years to meet the demand of the Chinese domestic market.


Jo Hak-hee, Head of the International Business Division at KITA, said, "Although COVID-19 remains a significant variable, we plan to prepare for participation assuming normal operation," adding, "We will closely communicate with the Expo Bureau and the embassy to understand quarantine guidelines in advance and make thorough preparations to minimize inconvenience for our companies."



Recruitment of participating companies for the 4th China International Import Expo will be conducted through the KITA website starting at the end of this month.


This content was produced with the assistance of AI translation services.

© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Today’s Briefing