Employee Who Died While Working at a Chinese Factory Suspected of Being Concealed in Car Trunk
Bereaved Family "Why Was the Body in the Trunk... It's Suspicious"
There are allegations that an employee who died while working at a cement factory in China was concealed by being placed in the trunk of a car. Photo by Global Times.
View original image[Asia Economy Reporter Kim Bong-ju] Allegations have been raised that a Chinese factory concealed the death of an employee who died in an accident by placing the body in the trunk of a passenger car and failing to promptly inform the bereaved family.
According to Chinese media including Shangyou (上游) Newspaper on the 29th, Wang, a worker at a cement factory in Liyang, Jiangsu Province, suffered an accident while working on December 31 of last year.
However, this news was not conveyed to the family. The family became suspicious when Wang, who was working the day shift, did not return home late at night with his phone turned off, and they began searching for his whereabouts.
The family explained, "We called one of the factory managers, but he kept evading the issue. After several calls, he finally said that my father was at the hospital. We immediately went to the hospital, but there were no admission or treatment records for my father."
They added, "The factory initially did not tell the truth, but after continuous questioning, they finally said that my father's body was placed in the car trunk."
The family expressed anger, saying, "We found out belatedly that 10 hours had passed since the accident occurred. Why did the factory not inform us immediately and why did they not tell the truth? What were they trying to hide?"
The family tried to bring the body home, but the factory moved the body to the funeral home's mortuary without the family's consent.
The family said, "We contacted the factory several times about 10 days after the incident, but could not reach them," and added, "We requested a death certificate from the police station for burial and cremated the body."
The bereaved family appealed, saying, "Even a month after the incident, there was no condolence from the factory," and expressed distrust in the initial police investigation.
According to the police investigation, the deceased suffered an accident while working and was transported to the hospital where he died after treatment. The family stated, "If rescue had been carried out, the body would not have been placed in the trunk."
This case became known after Wang's daughter posted about it on Weibo on the 26th and was reported by local media.
Hot Picks Today
"Stocks Are Not Taxed, but Annual Crypto Gains Over 2.5 Million Won to Be Taxed Next Year... Investors Push Back"
- "Not Jealous of Winning the Lottery"... Entire Village Stunned as 200 Million Won Jackpot of Wild Ginseng Cluster Discovered at Jirisan
- "Even With a 90 Million Won Salary and Bonuses, It Doesn’t Feel Like Much"... A Latecomer Rookie Who Beat 70 to 1 Odds [Scientists Are Disappearing] ③
- "Rather Than Endure a 1.5 Million KRW Stipend, I'd Rather Earn 500 Million in the U.S." Top Talent from SNU and KAIST Are Leaving [Scientists Are Disappearing] ①
- "How Did an Employee Who Loved Samsung End Up Like This?"... Past Video of Samsung Electronics Union Chairman Resurfaces
The Liyang city authorities announced on the 27th that they had formed an investigation team and ordered the suspension of production activities at the factory to ensure safety measures. They also demanded that the factory apologize to the bereaved family and handle the aftermath appropriately.
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.