Prime Minister Jeong: "Starting Tomorrow, 3rd Disaster Relief Fund Distribution... Aiming for 90% Payment Before Seollal Holiday"
"Blocking the Domestic Inflow of Variant Viruses, an Urgent Task"
"Over 20,000 Appointment Exams Starting This Week, Consideration for Confirmed Cases Without Discrimination"
[Asia Economy Reporter Kwangho Lee] Prime Minister Chung Sye-kyun said on the 10th, "The third round of disaster relief payments will begin tomorrow."
At the Central Disaster and Safety Countermeasure Headquarters (CDSCH) meeting held at the Government Seoul Office on the same day, Prime Minister Chung stated, "Since this is for small business owners, self-employed individuals, and those whose livelihoods have been impacted who have endured the excruciating pain for COVID-19 prevention, the payments must be made as soon as possible."
He emphasized, "The government has set a goal to distribute 90% of the total support funds before the upcoming Lunar New Year holiday, which is just a month away."
He then instructed, "Based on past experience, relevant ministries and local governments should unite and engage in a speed race."
Prime Minister Chung also said, "Starting mid-January, various financial support programs including rental loan financing, special loans, and guarantee support will be activated," and urged, "Relevant ministries should meticulously prepare execution plans so that small business owners in urgent situations can receive funds promptly."
He expressed, "With three consecutive days of confirmed cases in the 600s recorded up to today, the weekly daily average of confirmed cases has also decreased by more than 100. However, to truly enter a stable phase, social compliance must be maintained at the highest level throughout this week."
He continued, "Blocking the domestic inflow of variant viruses is also an urgent task. So far, 16 cases of variant virus inflow have been confirmed domestically," adding, "All of these are being managed within the quarantine and self-isolation systems, but complacency is forbidden. The CDSCH should continuously analyze the possibility of variant viruses entering the community and take preemptive blocking measures if necessary."
Hot Picks Today
"You Might Regret Not Buying Now"... Overseas Retail Investors Stirred by News of Record-Breaking Monster Stocks' IPOs
- "Not Jealous of Winning the Lottery"... Entire Village Stunned as 200 Million Won Jackpot of Wild Ginseng Cluster Discovered at Jirisan
- Mistaken for the Flu, Left Untreated... Death Toll Surges as WHO Declares Emergency (Comprehensive)
- Pompidou Center Hanwha Unveils Picasso Works, Opens to Public on June 4
- "How Did an Employee Who Loved Samsung End Up Like This?"... Past Video of Samsung Electronics Union Chairman Resurfaces
Finally, Prime Minister Chung said, "Following the four-day bar exam held last week, the teacher appointment exam, with about 20,000 candidates, will begin this week. Respecting the recent decision of the Constitutional Court, from this appointment exam onward, COVID-19 confirmed cases will be allowed to take the exam without discrimination," and concluded, "The Ministry of Education and metropolitan/provincial education offices should thoroughly prepare so that all examinees, including confirmed cases, can safely take the appointment exam."
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.