Yongsan-gu Provides Employment Retention Subsidies to Small Business Owners on Unpaid Leave
Support for Unpaid Leave Workers at Small Businesses with Fewer Than 5 Employees (Including Tourism Businesses)... Excluding Sole Proprietors and Spouses... Up to 500,000 KRW per Person per Month... Support Period 2 Months
[Asia Economy Reporter Jongil Park] Yongsan-gu (Mayor Seongjang Hyun) will provide employment retention subsidies to unpaid leave workers among small business owners starting this month.
This is to help local small business owners who are struggling due to COVID-19.
The supported industries include tourism businesses, wholesale and retail, lodging, restaurants, and technology startup companies. The eligible recipients are workers at small business establishments with fewer than 5 employees in the region who have taken unpaid leave for more than 5 days since February 23 (when the COVID-19 alert level was raised to serious).
They must be enrolled in employment insurance. Sole proprietors, spouses of business owners, and relatives within the fourth degree of kinship are excluded from support.
The subsidy amount is up to 500,000 KRW per person per month, supporting one person per business (two for tourism businesses). The support period is 2 months (40 days).
Businesses wishing to apply can submit an application form by the 10th of each month via email to the person in charge (job1919@yongsan.go.kr). In-person submissions are also possible at the District Office Job Plus Center (5th floor). The form can be downloaded from the news section on the district website.
This month’s subsidy application targets unpaid leave workers from February 23 to March 31.
The district plans to provide subsidies to all eligible businesses within the support limit (743 million KRW). After review, the money will be directly deposited into the unpaid leave workers’ accounts by the 22nd of each month. However, if the number of applications exceeds the support limit, the district will continue support based on priority (unpaid leave workers with longer employment insurance enrollment and businesses with lower sales last year).
A district official said, “If fraudulent receipt is confirmed through post-inspection, recovery measures may be taken,” and requested cooperation to prevent fraud and double claims.
The district also urgently hired four public work personnel to manage this project. The working period is two months from April to May, with possible extension.
Hot Picks Today
If They Fail Next Year, Bonus Drops to 97 Million Won... A Closer Look at Samsung Electronics DS Division’s 600M vs 460M vs 160M Performance Bonuses
- Opening a Bank Account in Korea Is Too Difficult..."Over 150,000 Won in Notarization Fees Just for a Child's Account and Debit Card" [Foreigner K-Finance Status]②
- "While Others Rest, Nearly 3 Million May Work Substitute Public Holidays Without Extra Pay"
- "Better Than the Lottery": Reporting Collusion Could Earn Hundreds of Billions... KFTC Announces Administrative Notice to Abolish Whistleblower Reward Cap
- "Who Is Visiting Japan These Days?" The Once-Crowded Tourist Spots Empty Out... What's Happening?
Seongjang Hyun, Mayor of Yongsan-gu, said, “The district will use all possible means to support small business owners struggling due to COVID-19.”
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.