"Plans to Ensure Future Salary Payments Without Disruptions"

Kyung Hee Medical Center has stated that it is not considering suspending salary payments or offering voluntary retirement. Concerns arose after an internal notice was posted in April suggesting that if the situation worsened, salary payments might be suspended and voluntary retirement considered starting in June.


Kyung Hee Medical Center, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul. <br/>Photo by Taewon Choi peaceful1@

Kyung Hee Medical Center, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul.
Photo by Taewon Choi peaceful1@

View original image


A representative from Kyung Hee Medical Center told Asia Economy on the 3rd, "There are plans to continue paying salaries without disruption, and we are neither accepting nor considering voluntary retirement."


They added, "Compared to March and April, the bed occupancy rate has increased, and we are maintaining an emergency management system by allowing employees, except doctors, to voluntarily take unpaid leave. The situation is gradually improving. The original intent of the internal notice was not that salary suspension and voluntary retirement were being reviewed, but rather that 'in an urgent and rapidly changing situation, these measures might have to be considered in the worst-case scenario if the situation deteriorates,'" they explained.


It was confirmed that employees’ salaries for May were paid normally last month.


Previously, on April 30, Oh Ju-hyung, director of Kyung Hee Medical Center and Kyung Hee University Hospital, issued an internal notice titled "To All Kyung Hee University Hospital Staff," stating, "If the current situation continues, it is predicted that funds necessary for paying individual salaries and other expenses will become insufficient," and added, "We are facing a critical situation where we may have to consider suspending salary payments and voluntary retirement starting as early as June this year."



Meanwhile, Gangdong Kyung Hee University Hospital, which was initially thought to be the target of the internal notice, was reportedly not included in Director Oh’s announcement. A representative from Gangdong Kyung Hee University Hospital said, "The notice was not issued for Gangdong Kyung Hee University Hospital," and added, "There is no concern about disruptions in salary payments at Gangdong Kyung Hee University Hospital either."


This content was produced with the assistance of AI translation services.

© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Today’s Briefing