"Purchased a Used Foreign Car for Around 10 Million Won"... Jomin's Car Purchase News Revealed
"Statement Clarifying 'Never Driven a Foreign Car'"
Cho Min, daughter of former Minister of Justice Cho Kuk, revealed that she purchased a used foreign car, a FIAT, for around 10 million won and shared the behind-the-scenes story.
On the 19th, Cho uploaded a video titled "Introducing My Car! FIAT 500C Fuel Efficiency, Specs, Price, Maintenance Costs, etc." on her YouTube channel 'Jjomin minchobae'. Previously, she had attracted attention by showing herself driving a FIAT on her channel. This was notable because she had testified in court that she had "never driven a foreign car or sports car."
In the video, Cho stated, "My car is a FIAT, 500C," expressing satisfaction by saying, "Isn't it cute?" She showed affection by explaining, "The car key is analog, and the dashboard looks like a clock. The genuine navigation system broke, so I imported a part from overseas and installed it. Various buttons are also charmingly designed."
She explained, "I had to go to graduate school in a provincial area, and my father gave me a blue Avante from the cars he had at home. It was under his name." She added, "After becoming financially independent, I looked for a car in the 10 million won range. Having driven the Avante for over 10 years, it became old and frequently broke down, so I wanted to buy a car that suited my taste rather than keep fixing it." Cho said, "I joined car-related communities like Bobae Dream and Poramfe (Porsche, Lamborghini, Ferrari) to find a car I wanted." She continued, "I found this FIAT listed for around 10 million won in the Poramfe cafe." She recalled, "The owner seemed reluctant to sell it, probably because he was attached to it. He said he didn't want to sell it, so I humbly persuaded him and bought it." She added, "I still don't regret it. The cost-effectiveness is great. The ride comfort is better than a Mini Cooper. I bought it in 2021, have maintained it well, and have been driving it without any problems. I like this car so much that I plan to keep it for a long time."
She also clarified the controversy over the foreign car. She emphasized, "Regarding the statement that I 'have never driven a foreign car,' to clear up misunderstandings, I meant in court that 'As a student, it seemed like I was showing off by driving a foreign car. At that time, I had never driven a foreign car as a student. Currently, I have changed cars and am driving a FIAT.'
Cho is accused of submitting forged documents, including a falsified self-introduction letter to Seoul National University Medical School on June 17, 2013, an internship certificate in the name of the head of the Public Interest and Human Rights Law Center at Seoul National University Law School, and a forged certificate of commendation from Dongyang University, in collusion with her father, former Minister Cho. The verdict for the first trial is expected this week.
Hot Picks Today
"Rather Than Endure a 1.5 Million KRW Stipend, I'd Rather Earn 500 Million in the U.S." Top Talent from SNU and KAIST Are Leaving [Scientists Are Disappearing] ①
- "No Cure Available, Spread Accelerates... Already 105 Dead, American Infected"
- [Breaking] President Lee: "South Korea and Japan to Respond Jointly to Middle East Situation, Agree on Close Cooperation for Supply Chains and Energy"
- "Not Jealous of Winning the Lottery"... Entire Village Stunned as 200 Million Won Jackpot of Wild Ginseng Cluster Discovered at Jirisan
- "How Did an Employee Who Loved Samsung End Up Like This?"... Past Video of Samsung Electronics Union Chairman Resurfaces
Former Minister Cho, who was indicted for involvement in Cho Min’s admission fraud, was sentenced to two years in prison in the second trial last month, the same as in the first trial. The second trial court did not detain him in court, judging there was no risk of evidence destruction or flight.
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.