"Get Destroyed by School Violence"... The 'Determination' of a Father of a Victim in a Group Assault at an Elementary School in Cheonan
All Perpetrating Students Subject to School Violence Committee Disciplinary Action
3 Transferred Compulsorily, 2 Assigned In-School Service
The results of the School Violence Countermeasure Committee (School Violence Committee) regarding a group assault incident that occurred at an elementary school in Cheonan, Chungnam, have been disclosed. Among the perpetrators, three male students who directly committed violence were subjected to the 8th level disciplinary action of forced transfer, and two female students received the 3rd level punishment of 10 hours of community service and 3 hours of guardian-accompanied education. The highest level of school violence disciplinary action is the 9th level, expulsion, but since middle school is compulsory education, the 8th level forced transfer is effectively the strongest punishment.
The incident came to light on the 13th through an online community. It occurred on September 27th this year at a school in Cheonan, where a male student hit A's daughter because his girlfriend disliked her, and this was captured on closed-circuit television (CCTV).
[Photo by YTN News]
On the 27th, a post titled "Report on the Results of Group Assault School Violence at Cheonan Elementary School" was uploaded on the online community Bobae Dream. A Mr. A, who introduced himself as the father of the group assault victim, said, "The results exceeded expectations and are satisfactory. Based on this experience, I want to help others who have suffered unfair treatment," and disclosed the disciplinary results of the perpetrators who assaulted his daughter, a 6th grader in elementary school. Mr. A stated, "According to the School Violence Committee results, three male students received the 8th level punishment, and two female students received the 3rd level punishment," adding, "Although she is in 6th grade and the vacation is just a few days away, so it might seem meaningless, I think it is significant just to have the (school violence) record." Mr. A has been sharing the process from publicizing the incident to the School Violence Committee proceedings through the online community.
Victim’s Father: "I Will Distribute School Violence Committee Records Every Two Years to Middle School, High School, University, and Workplace"
Mr. A has been sharing the process from public discussion to the school violence committee through an online community since the incident occurred.
[Photo by online community 'BobaeDream']
The incident came to light on the 13th through an online community. It occurred on September 27 this year at a school in Cheonan, where a male student hit Mr. A’s daughter because his girlfriend disliked her, and this was captured on closed-circuit television (CCTV). The released footage shows one male student grabbing and pulling the female student’s hair, another kicking her stomach with his foot, and two female students forcibly banging their heads together. Afterwards, Mr. A’s daughter suffered alone for about a month and a half before informing her homeroom teacher of the assault on the 9th of last month. Even after the school’s investigation began, the perpetrators reportedly sent threatening messages mixed with profanity, saying things like, "No matter which middle school you go to, we will make sure you can’t live school life."
Mr. A explained, "Following the School Violence Committee’s results, we plan to proceed with a criminal complaint, and once the criminal case is concluded, we intend to hire a lawyer to pursue a civil lawsuit." He also emphasized that they will prevent the perpetrators from making a comeback. Mr. A stated, "After all lawsuits are finished, I plan to hire a detective to continuously distribute all information about the perpetrators every two years to their middle schools, high schools, universities, and workplaces."
Finally, he said, "I want to serve as a deterrent by showing surrounding students that 'if you commit school violence, you will definitely fall into ruin,' to the extent that the perpetrators will realize they 'touched someone they shouldn’t have.'" He also warned, "If the perpetrators retaliate against my daughter, I will disclose their names, resident registration numbers, and other personal information, regardless of all criminal penalties." Netizens responded to the post with comments like "Refreshing outcome." One netizen wrote, "Please show an example that school violence leaves a lifelong stigma," and added, "I will continue to support and look forward to updates."
Hot Picks Today
After Topping 8,000 Instead of Hitting 10,000... KOSPI Plunges—When Will It Rebound?
- "Samsung and Hynix Were Once for the Underachievers"... Hyundai Motor Employee's Lament
- [Breaking] Court Rules Against Samsung Electronics Union...1 Billion Won per Day Penalty for Exceeding Strike Scope
- Stronger Fines for Personal Data Leaks Start Tomorrow... Higher Sales Standards Applied
- "That? It's Already Stashed" Nightlife Scene Crosses the Line [ChwiYak Nation] ③
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.