Regular Press Briefing of the National Police Agency's Criminal Investigation Headquarters

Regarding the recent confusion among on-site police officers following the issuance of the 'Overtime Work Restraint Order,' the National Police Agency stated, "There will be no issues with the payment of allowances in December."


At a regular press briefing on the 11th, the National Investigation Headquarters of the National Police Agency said, "We have devised methods for November and December to prepare for the worst-case scenario where we cannot pay allowances equivalent to the overtime worked," adding, "Thanks to the adherence to the reduction plan in November, we believe there will be no problems with the payment of allowances in December. We will take special care to ensure that the concerns raised by employees do not arise."

Controversy Over 'Overtime Restraint Order,' Police Assure "No Issues with December Allowance Payment" View original image

They continued, "This year, there were indeed more overtime hours due to various security demands such as disasters and the Jamboree," and clarified, "There is absolutely no discrimination between shift departments, office work, and internal work."


Earlier, on the 6th of last month, the National Police Agency issued the 'Work Innovation Strengthening Plan' to minimize overtime work to each city and provincial police agency and affiliated institutions. In response, on-site police officers voiced opposition, expressing concerns about security gaps and investigation delays, stating that it is difficult to reduce overtime work.


Yoon Hee-geun, Commissioner of the National Police Agency, said through the internal network, "Regardless of the reasons, as the commissioner responsible for organizational management, I regret and apologize," emphasizing, "I promise to utilize the remaining resources as efficiently as possible within the budget allocated for this year to prevent unfair cases where necessary work is done but overtime allowances are not received."


Meanwhile, the police investigation related to the 'drug use' allegations against G-Dragon (35, Kwon Ji-yong), a member of the group 'Big Bang' and solo singer, is expected to conclude soon. The National Investigation Headquarters explained, "We have conducted objective verification regarding G-Dragon and investigated about six witnesses. The investigation is in its final stages," adding, "We will promptly conclude and brief the results soon."



The investigation into actor Lee Sun-kyun (48) regarding drug use allegations continues. Lee had filed a complaint against A (29, female), a manager of an entertainment establishment, for extortion and threats. Subsequently, on October 26, the Incheon Police Agency initially detained and sent A to prosecution on charges related to controlled substances and is continuing the investigation into the extortion charges. The police plan to summon Lee Sun-kyun for questioning after identifying the facts through additional investigations into A's extortion and threat cases.


This content was produced with the assistance of AI translation services.

© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Today’s Briefing