Kim Young-ho, Democratic Party Lawmaker, CBS Radio Interview
"Why Was the School Violence Committee Held Only After Two Months?"
"I Don't Understand Posting a Photo That Shows Power"

Former Presidential Protocol Secretary Kim Seung-hee resigned amid allegations of school violence involving her child, and the Presidential Office immediately accepted her resignation. In response, Kim Young-ho, a member of the Democratic Party of Korea, claimed, "It is highly likely that a bigger incident would have occurred during the investigation process, so they quickly cut off the tail."


On the 23rd, Kim appeared on CBS Radio's 'Kim Hyun-jung's News Show' and said, "The Presidential Office should have confirmed the facts of the incident before accepting the resignation," adding, "A proper investigation should be conducted by the Presidential Office to accurately understand the essence of the issue, but by accepting the resignation, the Presidential Office avoided internal inspection."


Kim Seung-hee, Protocol Secretary of the Presidential Secretariat, resigned on the 20th after being implicated in allegations of school violence involving her elementary school child. Photo by Yonhap News

Kim Seung-hee, Protocol Secretary of the Presidential Secretariat, resigned on the 20th after being implicated in allegations of school violence involving her elementary school child. Photo by Yonhap News

View original image

He continued, "Ultimately, the Gyeonggi Provincial Office of Education's administrative power must be used to ascertain the facts, but there are limitations," and said, "The education office does not have investigators, and the inspection should have been conducted by the civil affairs function within the Presidential Office to accurately uncover the truth of this incident."


Regarding the background that made Kim aware of the seriousness of the case, he mentioned that the spouse of former Secretary Kim posted a photo on their KakaoTalk profile showing Secretary Kim with President Yoon Seok-yeol before the school violence hearing. This was seen as an attempt to use the relationship with President Yoon to cover up their daughter's school violence incident.


He said, "That photo was taken on July 10 during NATO," and added, "Usually, when prominent figures or well-known people in society face such incidents, they tend to remove such traces, but the mother instead posted photos that could demonstrate power, which I really cannot understand."


Kim also revealed that former Secretary Kim's daughter had previously assaulted another student in the same manner. He said, "Including the two reported assault cases, there were a total of three assaults," and added, "These were not reflected during the school violence committee hearing, and the victim's side seems to be planning to add one more assault through an administrative lawsuit."



However, Kim stated that he has not confirmed any other signs of external pressure besides the KakaoTalk profile. He said, "There are quite a few suspicious circumstances, such as why only one point was given for continuity during the school violence committee hearing and why the hearing was held two months later," and added, "We plan to continue investigating these matters at the education committee level."


This content was produced with the assistance of AI translation services.

© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Today’s Briefing