Landlord Blocks Entrance After Tenant Refuses Rent Increase... Tenant Files Complaint with Police
[Asia Economy Reporter Kim Young-won] Controversy has arisen over allegations that a building owner in Gangnam, Seoul, abused power against a tenant who refused a 40% rent increase demand. The tenant, Mr. Kim, submitted a petition containing these details to the police on the 11th.
On the 26th, the Gangnam Police Station in Seoul announced that they are investigating the building owner, Mr. A (50), located in Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, on charges of obstruction of business.
Mr. Kim, who operates a cafe in the building, refused the landlord’s rent increase, after which Mr. A reportedly said that a parking booth had been installed at the cafe entrance.
On December 21 of last year, Mr. A notified Mr. Kim to raise the current monthly rent of 2.5 million won by 1 million won to 3.5 million won, a 40% increase, which Mr. Kim is said to have rejected.
According to Mr. Kim’s claim, the installation of the parking booth restricted the cafe’s operations for more than half a month.
Hot Picks Today
"Stocks Are Not Taxed, but Annual Crypto Gains Over 2.5 Million Won to Be Taxed Next Year... Investors Push Back"
- "Not Jealous of Winning the Lottery"... Entire Village Stunned as 200 Million Won Jackpot of Wild Ginseng Cluster Discovered at Jirisan
- "Jeong Yu-kyung Is a Neighbor"...Itaewon Standalone House with Record 23.2 Billion Won Appraisal Up for Auction [Real Estate AtoZ]
- "How Did an Employee Who Loved Samsung End Up Like This?"... Past Video of Samsung Electronics Union Chairman Resurfaces
- "Even With a 90 Million Won Salary and Bonuses, It Doesn’t Feel Like Much"... A Latecomer Rookie Who Beat 70 to 1 Odds [Scientists Are Disappearing] ③
A police official stated, "We have conducted an investigation of the victim," and added, "We plan to verify the facts with the person under suspicion."
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.