People Power Party Criticizes North Korea Through Party Chief Spokesperson and Floor Spokesperson Comments

On the 3rd, residents and tourists are waiting for a passenger ship at Dodong Port Passenger Terminal in Ulleung-eup, Ulleung-gun, Gyeongbuk, while news about North Korean missiles is being broadcast on TV. (Photo by Yonhap News)

On the 3rd, residents and tourists are waiting for a passenger ship at Dodong Port Passenger Terminal in Ulleung-eup, Ulleung-gun, Gyeongbuk, while news about North Korean missiles is being broadcast on TV. (Photo by Yonhap News)

View original image

[Asia Economy Reporter Kum Boryeong] The People Power Party strongly condemned North Korea's military provocations, including the successive launches of ballistic missiles.


Kim Mi-ae, the floor spokesperson for the People Power Party, stated in a commentary on the 3rd, "Only a resolute response by our military, fully prepared for thorough countermeasures, is necessary against North Korea's ongoing intentional provocations."


Spokesperson Kim pointed out, "Now, North Korea's violations of the 'UN Security Council resolutions' and the 'September 19 Inter-Korean Military Agreement' have become our daily reality," adding, "Kim Jong-un of North Korea shows no concern for the survival of the starving North Korean people. The missiles launched by North Korea yesterday are said to be equivalent to the amount spent on a year's worth of rice imports for North Korea. Kim Jong-un is obsessed only with advancing nuclear weapons and ballistic missile technology to maintain his one-man dictatorship and justifying the seventh nuclear test by provocations."


Spokesperson Kim continued, "Military tensions on the Korean Peninsula are expected to rise day by day until North Korea's seventh nuclear test," and said, "We must further strengthen the ROK-US alliance to secure the execution capability of extended deterrence against North Korea's nuclear and missile advancements."


Yang Geum-hee, the party's chief spokesperson, also issued a statement saying, "This morning, North Korea launched one ballistic missile presumed to be an ICBM and two short-range missiles, committing yet another provocation," and added, "We strongly condemn these inhumane and unfilial acts that do not stop even during the national mourning period, together with the international community."


Chief spokesperson Yang said, "Our military is in perfect combat readiness. The ROK-US alliance is stronger than ever, and the path for ROK-Japan cooperation to suppress North Korea's nuclear threat has also been opened," explaining, "The international community is also united to protect freedom and peace. On the 28th of last month, the First Committee (Disarmament and International Security) of the United Nations General Assembly adopted Resolution 52, urging a 'comprehensive nuclear test ban,' with the support of 179 member countries. China and Russia also voted in favor, with only North Korea voting against."


Yang added, "North Korea is inviting its own isolation. The 'nuclear force' that North Korea so reveres is not only incapable of securing the Kim Jong-un regime's safety but is an 'absolute evil' that threatens peace on the Korean Peninsula and world peace," and said, "If the Kim Jong-un regime continues such erroneous judgments, no one can guarantee peace on the Korean Peninsula."



Chief spokesperson Yang strongly warned once again, "The Republic of Korea will resolutely punish North Korea's provocations and has both the capability and readiness to do so."


This content was produced with the assistance of AI translation services.

© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Today’s Briefing