'Lee Jae-myung, Taeyoung Construction, and GH Conspiracy Theory' YouTuber Not Prosecuted... Objection Filed to Prosecutors
Seoul Yeongdeungpo Police Station Finds No Charges
GH Files Objection... Investigation by Southern District Prosecutors' Office
Lee Jae-myung, Governor of Gyeonggi Province and a potential presidential candidate for the Democratic Party of Korea, is delivering the keynote speech at the launch ceremony of the 'Gongmyeong Forum' held on the 22nd at the Glad Hotel in Yeouido, Seoul. Photo by Yoon Dong-joo doso7@
View original image[Asia Economy Reporter Yoo Byung-don] It was recently revealed that a YouTuber who raised allegations of preferential treatment of a specific construction company by Gyeonggi Province Governor Lee Jae-myung was found not guilty by the police.
The Yeongdeungpo Police Station in Seoul announced on the 3rd that they decided not to prosecute YouTuber A, who was accused of defamation and obstruction of business under the Information and Communications Network Act, last month.
In a video posted on August 29 last year, A said, "If Taeyoung Construction wins the bids for the new buildings of Gyeonggi Province, Gyeonggi Provincial Office of Education, and the Gyeonggi Housing and Urban Corporation (GH), it will be a three consecutive wins," adding, "It is very unusual for a construction company to win three consecutive bids. Then, they will secure 455 billion won just from the Gyeonggi Convergence Town."
He emphasized that "I think everything is a coincidence. It is absolutely impossible," while highlighting that Taeyoung Construction's stock price nearly tripled since Governor Lee took office.
GH viewed this video as implying a collusive relationship between Governor Lee and Taeyoung Construction and filed a complaint with the Suwon Southern Police Station in Gyeonggi Province in November last year. The case was later transferred to the Yeongdeungpo Police Station.
However, after the police found no evidence of wrongdoing, GH, the complainant, filed an objection, and the case was confirmed to have been transferred to the Seoul Southern District Prosecutors' Office on the 27th of the same month.
After the adjustment of investigative authority between the prosecution and the police, if the police conclude there is no suspicion and close the case initially, the complainant can file an objection, which automatically transfers the case to the prosecution, who then conducts a direct investigation.
Hot Picks Today
"It Has Now Crossed Borders": No Vaccine or Treatment as Bundibugyo Ebola Variant Spreads [Reading Science]
- Samsung Electronics Labor-Management Reach Agreement, General Strike Postponed... "Deficit-Business Unit Allocation Deferred for One Year"
- "Stocks Are Not Taxed, but Annual Crypto Gains Over 2.5 Million Won to Be Taxed Next Year... Investors Push Back"
- "From a 70 Million Won Loss to a 350 Million Won Profit with Samsung and SK hynix"... 'Stock Jackpot' Grandfather Gains Attention
- "Who Is Visiting Japan These Days?" The Once-Crowded Tourist Spots Empty Out... What's Happening?
A police official said, "The police decided not to prosecute the YouTuber accused by GH, but since GH filed an objection, the case was transferred to the prosecution on July 27."
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.