Prime Minister Kim: "From the 8th, 'Out' for even one violation of quarantine rules... Strong measures"
Special Inspection Meeting on Metropolitan Area Quarantine Measures
Prime Minister Kim Boo-kyum is presiding over a special inspection meeting on COVID-19 prevention measures in the Seoul metropolitan area, including Seoul, Gyeonggi, and Incheon, held via video conference at Seoul City Hall on the morning of the 6th. On the right is Seoul Mayor Oh Se-hoon. July 6, 2021.
[Photo by Yonhap News]
[Sejong=Asia Economy Reporter Son Seon-hee] Prime Minister Kim Boo-kyum said on the 6th, "Starting the day after tomorrow (the 8th), under the application of the 'Infectious Disease Prevention Act Enforcement Rules,' a strong measure called the 'One Strike Out System' will be introduced, which suspends business operations for ten days even if a serious quarantine rule is violated just once," adding, "We understand well that small and medium-sized enterprises and small business owners are going through difficult times, but we earnestly ask for your cooperation."
On the morning of the same day, Prime Minister Kim presided over a special quarantine inspection meeting for the metropolitan area at Seoul City Hall and said, "Recently, confirmed cases have surged mainly in the metropolitan area," and "It seems we are facing the greatest turning point in the fight against COVID-19." The special quarantine inspection meeting for the metropolitan area was an unscheduled event, urgently convened under the Prime Minister's leadership as the COVID-19 confirmed cases worsened mainly in the metropolitan area. Seoul Mayor Oh Se-hoon, along with heads of three metropolitan organizations and basic local government heads, attended.
Prime Minister Kim expressed concern, saying, "What is even more worrisome is that not only is the speed of confirmed cases accelerating, but the occurrence of variant viruses is prominently seen in the metropolitan area," and "Especially, about 3 out of 10 confirmed cases are in their 20s, indicating continuous cases among people in their 20s."
Addressing local government heads, Prime Minister Kim urged, "If we fail to block this on the front line called the metropolitan area, we will truly be committing a great sin against the people who have cooperated with the quarantine authorities for a year and a half, worn masks, and endured hardships in daily life," emphasizing, "It depends on the field enforcement of the 'Metropolitan Area Special Quarantine Measures' and 'Strengthened Quarantine Measures' announced last week." He added, "Starting this week, ministers, vice ministers, and local government heads from each ministry will cooperate to conduct on-site inspections and crackdowns," and requested, "Please actively support this from related ministries."
Hot Picks Today
"Rather Than Endure a 1.5 Million KRW Stipend, I'd Rather Earn 500 Million in the U.S." Top Talent from SNU and KAIST Are Leaving [Scientists Are Disappearing] ①
- "You Might Regret Not Buying Now"... Overseas Retail Investors Stirred by News of Record-Breaking Monster Stocks' IPOs
- "Not Jealous of Winning the Lottery"... Entire Village Stunned as 200 Million Won Jackpot of Wild Ginseng Cluster Discovered at Jirisan
- National Participation Growth Fund Sales Begin on May 22... Up to 200 Million Won Per Person, 5-Year Redemption Restriction
- "How Did an Employee Who Loved Samsung End Up Like This?"... Past Video of Samsung Electronics Union Chairman Resurfaces
Furthermore, he appealed to citizens residing in Seoul, Incheon, and Gyeonggi Province, saying, "Only by overcoming this critical moment can we resume vaccinations, achieve herd immunity, and return to normal daily life," and "Please strictly follow quarantine rules such as wearing masks and social distancing, and become victors in overcoming COVID-19 and restoring daily life."
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.