Allegations Against Ki Sung-yueng by Junior [Image Source=Yonhap News]

Allegations Against Ki Sung-yueng by Junior [Image Source=Yonhap News]

View original image


[Asia Economy Reporter Lee Jung-yoon] A junior, A (31), who accused Ki Sung-yong (32, FC Seoul) of sexual violence during elementary school and was subsequently sued by Ki Sung-yong, appeared at the police station and underwent the first investigation.


According to the police on the 24th, the Seoul Seocho Police Station summoned A as the accused from 2 p.m. today to investigate the specific facts.


Earlier in February, A and another person revealed that they were sexually assaulted by seniors Ki Sung-yong and B at an elementary school in Jeonnam while playing on the soccer team from January to June 2000.


In response, Ki Sung-yong’s side filed a lawsuit against them for defamation and other charges in March. They also filed a claim for 500 million KRW in damages.


On this day, A said, "After the exposure, Ki Sung-yong’s side contacted me asking for help to make an article saying the exposed content was 'false news' and that they would apologize." According to A, Ki Sung-yong’s side contacted through another junior and made this statement. A claimed that instead of admitting the allegations and apologizing for the past, they wanted the exposure to be treated as if it never happened.


Furthermore, A explained the reason for revealing the incident from over 20 years ago, saying, "Just like those who exposed the school violence by volleyball players Lee Jae-young and Lee Da-young sisters showed courage, we also gathered courage," and added, "Since (Ki Sung-yong) said he 'believes in the power of truth,' I ask the police to investigate fairly to determine whose story is true."



A also expressed a desire for "just one apology." He said, "If Ki Sung-yong and B had just apologized, it wouldn’t have come to this point," emphasizing, "I do not want any financial compensation at all. Both I and other victims have earned enough money, and we are not seeking money." He also mentioned that the lawyers are working without receiving fees.

[Image source=Yonhap News]

[Image source=Yonhap News]

View original image

Ki Sung-yong appeared at the police station on March 31 and was investigated for about five hours as the accuser. At that time, he said, "It may not be easy to prove something that did not happen, but I believe the investigative agency will conduct a thorough investigation."


This content was produced with the assistance of AI translation services.

© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Today’s Briefing