[Comprehensive] Yoo Seung-jun Expresses Frustration on YouTube... "Described as Korean Pigs and Dogs, Crossing the Line" Blue House Petition
"Mentioned Without Fully Recognizing the Nation's Painful Incident"
Yoo Seung-jun Criticizes So-called 'Yoo Seung-jun Prevention Law' on YouTube
"Choo Mi-ae Claims Youth Are More Disheartened Because of Former Minister Cho Kuk"
President Moon Criticized for "Military Morale Dropping After Shaking Hands with Kim Jong-un"
Singer Yoo Seung-jun (44, U.S. name Steve Seung-jun Yoo) strongly opposed the 'Yoo Seung-jun Prevention Act' in a video he uploaded to his personal YouTube channel on December 19 last year, asking, "Am I a public enemy?" / Photo by Yonhap News
View original image[Asia Economy Reporter Lim Juhyung] Singer Yoo Seung-jun (44, U.S. name Steve Seungjun Yoo), who is restricted from entering South Korea, has recently been expressing his grievances through his YouTube channel. Meanwhile, a petition has been posted on the Blue House's national petition board requesting punishment for Yoo on charges of defamation, stating that he has "crossed a line that should not be crossed."
On the national petition board, a petition titled "Please punish Steve Yoo (Yoo Seung-jun) for national defamation" was posted on the 8th. The petitioner wrote, "When Yoo expressed his will to enter the country and showed remorse through his SNS (social network service) or personal broadcasts, there were even moments of sympathy," but added, "However, he is now crossing a line that should not be crossed and criticizing South Korea."
The petitioner continued, "He mentioned incidents such as the U.S. military armored vehicle accident and the Sewol ferry disaster without fully understanding their significance," and criticized, "As a South Korean citizen, I felt ashamed."
Furthermore, the petitioner expressed concern, saying, "Posting politically, religiously, or socially critical content may confuse the public and cause a loss of trust in the country," and lamented, "Anyone who is a Korean citizen would be angry at him calling South Korea dogs and pigs while criticizing the country."
The petitioner also pointed out that Yoo earns income through his YouTube broadcasts. He stated, "It is no exaggeration to say that Yoo is making 'waribari' (money-making) with content that is not beneficial to South Korea," and urged, "Please impose sanctions on his YouTube channel so that he cannot post content that defames the country and confuses public sentiment."
Mr. Yoo is expressing dissatisfaction with Kim Byung-joo, a member of the Democratic Party of Korea, who proposed the so-called 'Yoo Seung-jun Prevention 5 Acts' through his YouTube channel. / Photo by YouTube capture
View original imageMeanwhile, Yoo resumed his activities through his official YouTube account on November 17 last year. At that time, he announced, "I will soon resume live broadcasts and try to communicate frequently," hinting at additional content uploads.
Since then, Yoo has been steadily posting fitness-related videos, such as exercise methods. On the 17th of last month, when Democratic Party lawmaker Kim Byung-joo proposed the so-called "Yoo Seung-jun Prevention 5 Acts," Yoo uploaded a rebuttal video on his YouTube channel just two days later, on the 19th.
In the video, he said, "It doesn't make sense that I cause young people to feel disillusioned," and pointed out, "Honestly, due to Minister of Justice Choo Mi-ae's son's 'emperor leave' and former Minister of Justice Cho Kuk's absurd incidents, young people are even more angry and disillusioned seeing the corruption and double faces of politicians handling national affairs."
Regarding lawmaker Kim, who proposed the "Yoo Seung-jun Prevention 5 Acts," Yoo criticized, "Does this bill make sense? Are you kidding? Don't politicians working with taxpayers' money have anything better to do?"
Yoo also claimed that the Moon Jae-in administration was lowering the morale of the South Korean military. He said, "My entry was denied because it was feared that it would lower military morale," and questioned, "Why does the military exist? Aren't we at war with North Korea now? Isn't North Korea our enemy?"
He added, "Isn't North Korea, which still threatens us with nuclear weapons and recently brutally killed South Korean public officials, our enemy?" and argued, "What is our president doing? Going to Panmunjom to meet Kim Jong-un, shaking hands, hugging?doesn't the morale of our military drop seeing that?"
After uploading the video, Yoo's YouTube channel reportedly saw a significant increase in subscribers and views. According to the YouTube statistics site 'NoxInfluencer,' as of November last year, Yoo's YouTube channel had about 29,000 subscribers. However, after posting the controversial video expressing anger over the "Yoo Seung-jun Prevention 5 Acts," the subscriber count rose to around 70,000. As of January 11, the subscriber count reached 80,000.
Hot Picks Today
"Could I Also Receive 370 Billion Won?"... No Limit on 'Stock Manipulation Whistleblower Rewards' Starting the 26th
- Samsung Electronics Labor-Management Reach Agreement, General Strike Postponed... "Deficit-Business Unit Allocation Deferred for One Year"
- "From a 70 Million Won Loss to a 350 Million Won Profit with Samsung and SK hynix"... 'Stock Jackpot' Grandfather Gains Attention
- "Stocks Are Not Taxed, but Annual Crypto Gains Over 2.5 Million Won to Be Taxed Next Year... Investors Push Back"
- "Who Is Visiting Japan These Days?" The Once-Crowded Tourist Spots Empty Out... What's Happening?
Video views also surged. Before the "Yoo Seung-jun Prevention Act" video, the views on uploaded videos hovered around 30,000 to 60,000, but the prevention act video reached a total of 2.26 million views.
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.