[Image source=Yonhap News]

[Image source=Yonhap News]

View original image


[Asia Economy Reporter Cho Hyun-ui] It has been revealed that there are three confirmed COVID-19 patients in South Korea who tested positive three times in diagnostic tests.


Gwak Jin, head of the Patient Management Team at the Central Disease Control Headquarters (CDCH), announced this at a regular briefing held on the 24th at the Korea Disease Control and Prevention Agency in Osong, Chungbuk.


The cases were reported one each in Gangwon Province, Daegu, and Gyeongbuk. On the same day in Wonju, Gangwon Province, a woman in her 50s who was discharged on the 9th tested positive for the third time.


The woman, a member of Shincheonji Church, was confirmed positive for COVID-19 on March 1 and discharged on March 20 of the same month. However, she was re-confirmed positive on the 5th of this month, hospitalized for treatment, and discharged on the 9th. Afterward, to be released from self-quarantine, she underwent a screening test on the 23rd and tested positive again, leading to re-hospitalization.


Team leader Gwak said, "Although the third positive test has been confirmed, there is currently no significant difference compared to other patients," adding, "We are investigating it in the same way as other re-positive cases."


According to the quarantine authorities, as of this day, a total of 228 patients in South Korea who were released from quarantine after recovery have tested positive again.



Jung Eun-kyung, head of the CDCH, regarding the transmissibility of re-positive cases, said, "So far, there have been no reports of virus culture being confirmed from specimens of re-positive cases or confirmed cases among contacts during the re-positive period," but added, "Since monitoring is necessary, it is difficult to make a definitive judgment on transmissibility."


This content was produced with the assistance of AI translation services.

© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Today’s Briefing