Zelensky: "More Efforts Needed for Genuine Peace"
Zelensky Assesses "Significant Progress" in Ceasefire Talks
Russia: "No U.S. Proposal Yet for Peace Plan Discussions"
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky stated that there had been significant progress in ceasefire negotiations with the U.S. delegation, but emphasized that more steps are needed to achieve genuine peace.
Volodymyr Zelensky, President of Ukraine, attending a joint press conference with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in Ankara, Turkey, on the 19th (local time). Photo by Reuters Yonhap News Agency
View original imageOn November 24 (local time), President Zelensky attended the Crimea Platform Summit via video and said, "We have succeeded in including extremely sensitive issues in the coordination process with the United States," adding, "However, much more is needed to achieve true peace."
He also wrote on social media, "Based on the report from the negotiation delegation, we will decide on the next steps and timing," and added, "I expect that we will be able to achieve the necessary results."
Within Ukraine, there are still strong voices insisting on red lines regarding issues such as territorial integrity.
Russia has stated that while it expects to meet directly to discuss the U.S.-Ukraine peace plan, nothing concrete has been decided yet.
Yuri Ushakov, Kremlin foreign policy advisor, was asked whether there were plans to negotiate with the U.S. in the coming weeks. He replied, "We have not yet received any specific proposals about who will come to Moscow and when."
He added, "It is natural to assume that the United States will contact us to begin direct discussions," and anticipated that the U.S.-proposed Ukraine peace plan would be revised through discussions with Russia, Ukraine, and Europe.
Previously, the United States presented Ukraine with a peace agreement consisting of 28 articles, which reportedly reflected many of Russia's positions, including territorial concessions by Ukraine and troop withdrawals.
Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said in a briefing on the same day, "We have not yet officially received the results of the Geneva talks," and added, "We will wait, as it is clear that dialogue is ongoing and contacts will continue."
He also stressed, "It is impossible and inappropriate to discuss through the media," and said he would not discuss the details of the U.S. peace plan.
Hot Picks Today
"Could I Also Receive 370 Billion Won?"... No Limit on 'Stock Manipulation Whistleblower Rewards' Starting the 26th
- Samsung Electronics Labor-Management Reach Agreement, General Strike Postponed... "Deficit-Business Unit Allocation Deferred for One Year"
- "From a 70 Million Won Loss to a 350 Million Won Profit with Samsung and SK hynix"... 'Stock Jackpot' Grandfather Gains Attention
- "Stocks Are Not Taxed, but Annual Crypto Gains Over 2.5 Million Won to Be Taxed Next Year... Investors Push Back"
- "Who Is Visiting Japan These Days?" The Once-Crowded Tourist Spots Empty Out... What's Happening?
He added that while Russia is always open to contact and negotiations with the United States, there are no plans for the two countries to negotiate this week, and no specific details about the negotiations have emerged yet.
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.