Trump Says He's Not Worried About Musk's New Party: "A Third Party Has Always Helped Me"
Musk Continues to Attack Trump
Raising Allegations Over Sex Scandal and More
U.S. President Donald Trump expressed confidence that Elon Musk, CEO of Tesla, who has announced the formation of a new political party, will not pose a political threat to him.
According to Politico and other outlets on July 8 (local time), President Trump was asked at a Cabinet meeting at the White House whether he was concerned about CEO Musk's move to form a new party. He responded, "I think it will be helpful to us." He added, "A third party has always been good for me. I don't know about the Republican Party, but it has been good for me."
U.S. media interpreted President Trump's remarks as a reference to how, in the previous presidential election, third parties such as the Green Party split some of the progressive vote, contributing to his victory.
Previously, right after CEO Musk announced the formation of a new party on July 6, President Trump had reacted strongly, calling it "ridiculous" and saying it was "completely off the rails." However, as political circles and the media increasingly analyzed that CEO Musk's new party would face significant challenges in the U.S. political landscape, President Trump also shifted his stance to downplay Musk's political influence.
Additionally, at the Cabinet meeting, President Trump made somewhat negative remarks about the method of federal agency restructuring led by CEO Musk at the Department of Government Efficiency (DOGE) from January to April. Referring to DOGE's large-scale layoffs, President Trump said, "We could have done it differently. If I had done it, I probably would have done it a little differently."
Earlier, after President Trump's major policy bill, the "One Big Beautiful Bill Act" (OBBBA), passed its final vote in Congress on July 4, CEO Musk conducted an online poll on X (formerly Twitter) asking for opinions on the formation of a new party. The next day, he declared, "Today, the 'America Party' is being founded to return freedom to you."
Since then, CEO Musk has not provided specific details about the procedures or plans for forming the new party. Instead, he posted a series of messages criticizing President Trump's OBBBA for increasing the U.S. fiscal deficit and sharing posts alleging that President Trump was connected to the sex scandal involving billionaire Jeffrey Epstein.
Hot Picks Today
"Could I Also Receive 370 Billion Won?"... No Limit on 'Stock Manipulation Whistleblower Rewards' Starting the 26th
- Samsung Electronics Labor-Management Reach Agreement, General Strike Postponed... "Deficit-Business Unit Allocation Deferred for One Year"
- "From a 70 Million Won Loss to a 350 Million Won Profit with Samsung and SK hynix"... 'Stock Jackpot' Grandfather Gains Attention
- "Stocks Are Not Taxed, but Annual Crypto Gains Over 2.5 Million Won to Be Taxed Next Year... Investors Push Back"
- "Who Is Visiting Japan These Days?" The Once-Crowded Tourist Spots Empty Out... What's Happening?
In a post made that morning, CEO Musk stated, "They (the U.S. Department of Justice) haven't even tried to indict anyone on the Epstein client list," and claimed, "The government is seriously broken." In another post, he further questioned, "If President Trump does not release the Epstein files, how can people be expected to have faith in him?"
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.