Yongho Lee "I Retract My Remarks on the 5-Person Group... It Was Incorrect Vocabulary"
The Supreme Council has denied the remarks made by Lee Yong-ho, a member of the People Power Party, who claimed that there is a '5-person group' that monopolizes the party's actual decision-making process.
On the 2nd, Lee stated through his social media service (SNS), "I retract my statement about the '5-person group' that I made on the broadcast on May 30."
Interview_Lawmaker Lee Yong-ho of the People Power Party. Photo by Hyunmin Kim kimhyun81@
View original imageOn the 30th of last month, on CBS's 'Park Jae-hong's One-on-One Match,' he said, "The Supreme Council is supposed to be the highest decision-making body, but is it really worthy of that? Or is it just a figurehead? Aren't the important core agenda decisions actually made elsewhere?" and added, "Within the party, there are talks about a '5-person group.'"
Hot Picks Today
"It Has Now Crossed Borders": No Vaccine or Treatment as Bundibugyo Ebola Variant Spreads [Reading Science]
- Samsung Electronics Labor-Management Reach Agreement, General Strike Postponed... "Deficit-Business Unit Allocation Deferred for One Year"
- "Stocks Are Not Taxed, but Annual Crypto Gains Over 2.5 Million Won to Be Taxed Next Year... Investors Push Back"
- "From a 70 Million Won Loss to a 350 Million Won Profit with Samsung and SK hynix"... 'Stock Jackpot' Grandfather Gains Attention
- "Who Is Visiting Japan These Days?" The Once-Crowded Tourist Spots Empty Out... What's Happening?
As his remarks about the '5-person group' caused controversy, the leadership explained that it was a 'working-level meeting.' Lee said, "My statement was a mistaken choice of words that came out while hoping for the Supreme Council to quickly regain its role and status," and apologized, saying, "I sincerely regret causing trouble to the party and the leadership with my thoughtless remarks."
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.