The World's Largest Industrial Exhibition, Germany's 'Hannover Messe', Postponed
Event Schedule Set for July 13-17
Safety Measures Due to COVID-19 Spread
[Asia Economy Reporter Dongwoo Lee] Due to the spread of the novel coronavirus infection (COVID-19), the schedule for the world's largest industrial exhibition, 'Hannover Messe,' originally scheduled to be held in Germany next month, has been finally postponed.
According to 'Deutsche Messe,' the organizer of Hannover Messe, after discussions with the Hannover regional health authorities, the Hannover Messe exhibition council, and partner associations on the 4th, it was decided to postpone the 2020 Hannover Messe to July 13-17. Hannover Messe is an industrial technology exhibition attended by about 6,500 companies from 75 countries worldwide, where the latest trends across all industries can be experienced.
Earlier, the Hannover regional health authorities reportedly recommended comprehensive measures to protect health when Deutsche Messe hosts major events due to the spread of COVID-19. The health authorities requested the installation of fever screening devices at all entrances and the denial of entry to those who had contact with people from high-risk areas. They also stated that a comprehensive evaluation of all fair participants, including exhibitors, visitors, and service providers, is necessary.
In response, Deutsche Messe judged that it could not implement all the proposed measures, and decided on the final postponement, stating that such measures would not achieve the exhibition's purpose and could significantly restrict exhibitors and visitors, thereby damaging the event.
Dr. Jochen K?ckler, Chairman of the Board of Deutsche Messe AG, said, "Considering the global economic issues caused by the coronavirus in the first half of this year, the new (event) date will offer a great opportunity."
Tilo Brodtmann, CEO of the German Mechanical Engineering Industry Association (VDMA), also added, "Regarding the current problems caused by the coronavirus, postponing Hannover Messe until July is the best choice."
Domestic companies preparing to participate in Hannover Messe are experiencing confusion due to the schedule change.
LS Industrial Systems received an email from Deutsche Messe this morning notifying them of the exhibition postponement and began coordinating the dispatch personnel and delegation composition for participation in July. Previously, the company had been reviewing plans to minimize the number of personnel dispatched from Korea to the local site due to COVID-19 and to maximize the use of personnel residing in Europe.
Hot Picks Today
"Could I Also Receive 370 Billion Won?"... No Limit on 'Stock Manipulation Whistleblower Rewards' Starting the 26th
- Samsung Electronics Labor-Management Reach Agreement, General Strike Postponed... "Deficit-Business Unit Allocation Deferred for One Year"
- "From a 70 Million Won Loss to a 350 Million Won Profit with Samsung and SK hynix"... 'Stock Jackpot' Grandfather Gains Attention
- "Stocks Are Not Taxed, but Annual Crypto Gains Over 2.5 Million Won to Be Taxed Next Year... Investors Push Back"
- "Who Is Visiting Japan These Days?" The Once-Crowded Tourist Spots Empty Out... What's Happening?
LG Electronics canceled its participation plan this year due to the spread of COVID-19, but with the final postponement of the exhibition schedule, it is known that they will reconsider future attendance. An LG Electronics official said, "Since the Hannover exhibition schedule has been postponed, there is currently no decision regarding attendance."
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.