Police say Kang-in not involved in assault case


Police say Kang-in, member of Korean boy band Super Junior, was not involved in an assault case last night and is currently only testifying as a witness of the incident.

Another official earlier on Wednesday had said the 24-year-old singer was receiving investigation for his alleged involvement in an assault case at a bar late last night."Kang-in was not involved in the assault case. He has not been booked on any charges and is only under investigation as a witness," an official at Gangnam Police Station explained.

Ahead of the announcement, SM Entertainment, the agency managing the 13-member group, had also told Asia Economic Daily over the phone that the singer was not related to the incident.

Kang-in of the 13-member group Super Junior, who was a huge hit across Asia with "Sorry Sorry" earlier this year, also appears on various TV shows.

Reporter : Park Kum-ouc kun1112@asiae.co.kr
Editor : Jessica Kim jesskim@asiae.co.kr
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Reporter : Park Kum-ouc kun1112@asiae.co.kr
<ⓒ아시아 대표 석간 '아시아경제' (www.newsva.co.kr) 무단전재 배포금지>